Chubbuck/Zelma/Ferris families of Washington county, ME

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 1:49 PM

      I am looking for a  birth date and record for Amelia Chubbuck/Chubback born ca 1793-1795 Plantation #1, (now Perry, ME), Washington, ME.

      Daughter of James Chubbuck and Sarah Stoddard. Amelia died 7 March 1874 and is buried in the Princeton Cemetery . She was the wife of

      Augustus Zillme/Zelma. She married Augustus Zelma 2 Dec 1810 in Eastport, Washington , ME. Augustus was born ca 1788 in Germany .

      Augustus died 1844 and is buried in the Meddybemps Cemetery in Meddybemps , ME.

      Amelia’s (Chubbuck’s) siblings were: Charlotte, Martin, Mary, Abigail, Edward, James Jr.

      The town of Princeton lost their records to a fire in 1999. The Maine State Archives does not have a copy of them. The town of Perry , ME records

      Do not go back to the year 1794. If anyone has a bible record they would be willing to share regarding this family I would be deeply appreciative.

      Amelia and Augustus had Diana Zelma born in the town of Baring , Washington , ME ca 1812. The town of Baring does not have any records of her birth.

      The family moved from the town of Baring to Charlotte . Charlotte has no record of Dianna’s birth.

      I need proof of her birth as well. She died 24 May 1891 in Calais , Washington , ME. She is buried in Calais Cemetery with no headstone. She married John Ferris.

      Dianne’s other siblings were Benjamin Henry, Albert, Martha, Sarah, Salome and Elizabeth.

      Any help appreciated.

      Susan Szewczyk

      Susansz@...

      107 Gilbert Rd