Re: Setting it up with a different ISP

  • wd5hyq
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008
      So has anyone had any luck in getting the 350 to work with a different
      ISP?

      I have read a few threads in this group about the 350, but the 100
      and other mailstations seem to migrate into the 350 discussion, which
      makes it very difficult to keep seperate.

      I thought that I had the instructions on a couple of different
      threads and after rereading them, i am no longer sure that they apply
      to the 350!
    • wayne markis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
        Far as I know, nobody has had any luck on the 350 unit.  I have several of them,
        and have not been able to change anything on them.  I did mess with the Eprom
        on one of them, and now it will not do anything !!!  (Don't erase the memory)

        If anybody knows anything, please let us know !!!!

        Wayne
        Iwireless

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
          I did, with a 100.
          I'd suggest, after my successful experimentation with my 100, that you try anything that takes you to its ROM test, or something to that effect.
          If you manage to get that done, the account data should be erased. When you power it back on, you should get something like "Create New Account"
          Fill in the fields with the info I previously provided in this board that you get from BasicISP. That should work.
          Contact me for additional assistance, if you need.

          Please consider the environment before printing this email note.

          Patrick

          1a. Re: Setting it up with a different ISP
              Posted by: "wd5hyq" gary@... wd5hyq

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
            The setup for the model 100 is NOT the same as the Model 350.

            What you can easily do on the 100 you can NOT do on the 350.

            So far, I have not found or heard of anyone getting a Model 350 to
            change and work on a new ISP or change the "Account Data"
            in it.

            If you do a ROM test on the Model 350, it wipes out ALL the
            data on the unit, and it will NOT run anymore !!!!  Be warned !!!!

            Wayne

                Posted by: "wd5hyq" gary@wd5hyq. com wd5hyq