Re: Should I buy a 120 or 150?

  • mikewarns
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      --- In mailstation@yahoogroups.com, "Cyrano Jones"
      <cyranojones_lalp@y...> wrote:
      > From my small sample, it appears that the old 120's are in the
      > thinner boxes (approx 2.5" thick), the case is violet
      > (or purple???), and they say "MIVO 200 CIDCO MODEL DET2"
      > on the bottom of case. Box sez "DET1E", same as new 120 box.
      > (I think they reflashed mivo 200's, and called
      > them "mailstation 120".) Black LCD.

      The 120s my Officemax has are in a shallower box while the 150s are in
      a deeper box. By all appearances, I cannot begin "playing" today,
      whichever I buy for myself, but more people appear to have 120s so I'm
      assuming that will be the first to get the new mboot.rom. Therefore,
      since there doesn't appear to be any compelling reason to buy a 150, on
      my way home from work I will buy a couple shallow-box 120s, one for
      playing and one for family email since my wife objects to anybody in
      the house actually using any of our computers ("You just waste time!").
    • Neil Morrison
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        From: "mikewarns" <mikewarns@...>

        > one for family email since my wife objects to anybody in
        > the house actually using any of our computers ("You just waste time!").

        Isn't that the purpose of computers?

        BTW, it is possible to reprogram the MailStation at least in part by email,
        so if we could figure out that trick ..... !