Call for Disposable Imagery

  • mail@foetus.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
      hello.

      i am hosting an event.

      i desire to recruit a total of approx. 20 persons.

      i will send you a disposable camera. i pay for
      the camera and mailing it to you.
      you will take pictures with it.
      you mail the camera back to me at your expense
      (NOT surface or other slow mail).
      i pay to have the film developed, and will post
      all images on the internet.

      there is no theme.

      deadline occurs when approx 20 persons have taken
      interest.

      i want participants from around the world - but
      NOT the USA or France as there are already enough
      from those countries.

      serious only please!

      to sign up, send me e-mail at:
      foetusuber@...

      !!include your mailing address!!

      please forward to anyone you know who may be interested.
      i wish to have a global representation with this, so if
      you are in the USA and thus cannot participate, please send
      to your friends in Africa, Eastern Europe, Pacifica, South
      America etc.

      thank you and best regards-
      -daniel langdon jones
      chicago, il, usa
    • Hans Braumüller
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2000
        Hello, i am interesting in your event,

        tell me please the subject of your project.

        I guess you will send documentation to your participants.

        Thanks,

        Hans Braumüller
      • Pushing the Envelope
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2000
          Daniel,

          I am interested in participating in your disposable-imagery event.
          Unfortunately it is now the 28th of November and I think I have missed my
          opportunity. I live in Canada (Nelson, British Columbia to be exact) and am
          travelling to Mexico and Cuba over the next few monthes.
          Please e-mail me if you still have a spot open (available camera) and I will
          e-mail you my postal address.
          Thanks and good luck.
          Deborah

          P.S. I read yesterday about the New Gallery in Calgary, Alberta who is using
          disposable cameras in a similar way for a fund raiser. They give a camera to
          well-known artists in the region and ask them to shoot off the roll.The
          undeveloped film is then auctioned off.