"Dancing Through Life" Mail Art Project

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2009
      New Mail Art Project for 2010

      Theme: Dancing Through Life
      Deadline: March 6, 2010
      Venue: StudioJeff School of Ballroom and Latin Dance
      Location: St. Cloud, MN

      I'm sponsoring a mail art project at my ballroom dance studio. The mail art submitted will be exhibited in my studio for six weeks around March 20th which is the local art crawl. Nearly 300 people pass through my studio on that evening so submitted art will have a significant viewing.

      The theme, "Dancing Through Life," can be interpreted literally or figuratively. Any size art that can be mailed may be submitted. All submitted work will be exhibited. Documentation will be mailed to all who submit. No work will be returned. All submissions will become property of StudioJeff. Submissions may be exhibited at other dance studios in Minnesota or other states.

      Mail submissions to:

      Jeff Ringer
      P. O. Box 1031
      St. Cloud, MN 56302-1031
      USA

      StudioJeff is a school of ballroom and latin dance. I teach cha cha, fox trot, waltz, tango, rumba, hustle, samba, country 2 step, salsa, polka, line dancing, and more. I teach individuals, couples, and groups and I host parties and other events. Your artwork can reflect these or any other type of dancing or related issues. Is dancing your metaphor for survival? Is dancing your symbol for life? Has dancing brought you joy or pain? Express yourself in mail art and send it to me!! Painting, collage, photography, any medium that can be mailed works.

      To learn more about studiojeff visit the following websites and channels:

      www.studiojeff.com
      www.youtube.com/studiojeffmn
      www.youtube.com/scsuballroomdance

      Email any questions to me at jeff@...