RE: [mailart] Stop the Spam Please

  • Seuss's cat
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      Again thats what I did, for those I could see email addresses for I sent invites too but I did post on her about the new group when I did it. So anyone that wants to join the new group I set up are welcome to.
      If there is anyone that wants to be a moderator (I am the only one at the moment) I'd be happy to consider you as I approve all messages on the group to stop SPAM getting in. No real issues so far.

      Let me know anyone!

      Seuss's Cat

      To: mailart@yahoogroups.comFrom: dtv@...: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:01:50 -0500Subject: Re: [mailart] Stop the Spam Please

      Actually I just checked, I'm not able to see the full email addresses & besides there are 500 subscribed. Way too many to do it manually...We could start a new list & keep sending invites to this list, & eventually abandon the old one.~mIEKALOn Sep 30, 2007, at 11:46 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:> This is true, once the admin leaves, the group can't be reclaimed.> The best thing to do is grab the list of subscribers & create a new> list, then reinvite everyone. I can help do that if there are a> couple others that would be the moderators..>> Obviously the name of the list won't be able to be "mailart".>> ~mIEKAL>> On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Seuss's cat wrote:>

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        You can also consider other existing mail art groups like:
        Both are moderated.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 20, 2007
          Hi all,

          I am the moderator, but i revisited only few times a year this list,
          because of time.

          I have often ask people help to given them rights to delete spam and
          ban members. I hav banned now the most spammers.
          Everyone who wants help please take send me an email to
          hans.braumueller@...

          Also if one spams send you can also send me a note to
          hans.braumueller@..., which i view frequently.

          Thanks,

          Hans

          --- In mailart@yahoogroups.com, Seuss's cat <seussscat@...> wrote:

          > I tried to get this done - the moderator is no longer contactable -
          yahoo says there is nothing you can do without a moderator - they just
          advise you leave the group and set up another which is what I did

          Hi,

          > Obviously I didn't leave this one because people do post calls but
          there si no way to stop the spam

          > Seuss's Cat
          > To: mailart@yahoogroups.com
          > From: ifunkyluke@...