Re: [mailart] Re:a little note about lists like this one

  • michael leigh
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote: >

      > what a quiet place this is!!!!!

      CRASH! BANG! THUD! CLANG! ZOINNNGGGG! TWANNNNGGGG!
      WHEEEEEE! PARP! WHEEEFANANNAAANNNNG! BOING! PING!
      WALLOP! CLANK! WHOMP! KERCHUNNNGGGG!

      Sounds pretty noisy to me, but then I have a vivid
      imagination.
      I agree Pete, I can hear ther wind whistling through
      this empty group. I've been keeping a low profile
      because evey time i've posted an irate australian gets
      all shirty with me! Maybe you've frightened 'em all
      off?

      Michael from A.1.

      http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams
    • pete spence
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2003
        Michael.. if you can hang in there brother can we invent mail-art as a
        discuss in
        this pixella nightplace and make our history other than anh empty
        gesture???pete

        >> > what a quiet place this is!!!!!
        >
        >CRASH! BANG! THUD! CLANG! ZOINNNGGGG! TWANNNNGGGG!
        >WHEEEEEE! PARP! WHEEEFANANNAAANNNNG! BOING! PING!
        >WALLOP! CLANK! WHOMP! KERCHUNNNGGGG!
        >

        >Sounds pretty noisy to me, but then I have a vivid
        >imagination.
        >I agree Pete, I can hear ther wind whistling through
        >this empty group. I've been keeping a low profile
        >because evey time i've posted an irate australian gets
        >all shirty with me! Maybe you've frightened 'em all
        >off?
        >
        >Michael from A.1.

        Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here
      • pete spence
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
          Michael, decided to add to my reply i'm an unfamished enquirer so anything
          is my plate
          i'm hoping that is the case with tnis structure of mail-art as has been that
          which has
          played its place in snbail mail///pete

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
            The problem(apart from myself) is:
            is Mail Art an empty gesture or
            can it talk about itself with all
            its culinary in/etiquettes etc???
            ....pete

          • Hans Bodelier - Echt
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
              Perhaps everyone is too busy to be active on the list.......for instance
              with making and sending mail-art ???????
              smiles and good karma to all,
              Annie - the Netherlands
            • pete spence
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
                Annie...yeah thats one way of looking at it for sure...maybe i have too much
                time
                on hand though i do my fair share of Mail-Art...plus my stuff in other
                fields...and find
                time to do any research i need at the time...etc...though maybe i'm lucky in
                a way
                having been retired since 1997 and so don't have to get up and put 8 hours
                in for
                somebody etc etc...pete

                >Perhaps everyone is too busy to be active on the list.......for instance
                >with making and sending mail-art ???????
                >smiles and good karma to all,
                >Annie - the Netherlands

                ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
                text. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp
              • pete spence
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
                  Must be somethin' in the water????pete

                  I've been keeping a low profile
                  >because evey time i've posted an irate australian gets
                  >all shirty with me! >
                  >Michael from A.1.

                  Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Click here
                • michael leigh
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
                    --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote: >
                    > Michael.. if you can hang in there brother can we
                    > invent mail-art as a tribe of pigmy puddings?

                    Sorry mate, youve lost me completely.
                    I work mostly with images and not words and so i
                    suppose I TAKE A FEW LIBERTIES WITH THIS MEDIAUM COS
                    REALLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE words. and somebody told
                    me off the other day in another group i belong to for
                    using capitals as apparently this denotes shouting!
                    have you heard of that before? I was rather taken
                    aback i must admit.
                    So what good mailart has dropped through your letter
                    box just lately. Has mine showed up yet? I sent it
                    about 8 or 9 days ago so it should have got ther by
                    now unless it went the on the slow boat via tasmania!
                    The nicest peice of mail for today was a CD of leon
                    redbone from a regular music swapper. Not much visual
                    materail. I completed SQUINT N0. 46 today and
                    enveloped a few up to send out. lots of fe-mail
                    artists in this ish inc. Pat Collins, Jo Anne Thingy
                    and Magda Lagerwerf amonst others. All the best
                    Michael

                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 2, 2003
                      Yeah avoid caps its shouting!! i got told off for it years ago on
                      the FrameWorks list but i was new to it then and took it into
                      my learning curve...given i write and make visual poetry i
                      spose i know how to tickle words...as far as any mail-art
                      landing on my desk i'm waiting on the courier to bring
                      the last months stuff up to us given we are around 1400
                      miles north of our residence!!! we only get back there once in
                      a blue moon(!) though i understand theres a goodly pile of it
                      on its way here....got an issue of Susanna Lakner's 22+2
                      recently and an issue of El Mao Tao from Karl Friedrich Hacker
                      plus some books from Derek Beaulieu etc etc...been working
                      this morning on a collaboration with a work of Derek's
                      plus preparing my typeface for Keith Bates' project....
                      anyway i should see your mail before the end of this week
                      hope you some images in there i might use in Polartis???
                      nothing much goes via Tasmania these day though whales
                      seem to continue beaching themselves down there...
                      pete spence

                      >Sorry mate, youve lost me completely.
                      >I work mostly with images and not words and so i
                      >suppose I TAKE A FEW LIBERTIES WITH THIS MEDIAUM COS
                      >REALLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE words. and somebody told
                      >me off the other day in another group i belong to for
                      >using capitals as apparently this denotes shouting!
                      >have you heard of that before? I was rather taken
                      >aback i must admit.
                      > So what good mailart has dropped through your letter
                      >box just lately. Has mine showed up yet? I sent it
                      >about 8 or 9 days ago so it should have got ther by
                      >now unless it went the on the slow boat via tasmania!
                      >The nicest peice of mail for today was a CD of leon
                      >redbone from a regular music swapper. Not much visual
                      >materail. I completed SQUINT N0. 46 today and
                      >enveloped a few up to send out. lots of fe-mail
                      >artists in this ish inc. Pat Collins, Jo Anne Thingy
                      >and Magda Lagerwerf amonst others. All the best
                      >Michael

                    • michael leigh
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 3, 2003
                        --- Hans Bodelier - Echt
                        <hans-bodelier-echt@...> wrote: > Perhaps
                        everyone is too busy to be active on the
                        > list.......for instance
                        > with making and sending mail-art ???????

                        What an intriguing notion! Do you really think it
                        could catch on?

                        Michael

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 3, 2003
                          --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote: >

                          > The problem(apart from myself) is:
                          > is Mail Art an empty gesture or
                          > can it talk about itself with all
                          > its culinary in/etiquettes etc???

                          Are we talking about FOOD again? I thought we had
                          exhausted that line of enquiry. By "culinary
                          in/etiquettes" do you mean spoonerisms? or knives out
                          and ready for a carveup? I fork thats what you meant.
                          Despite being a winner of many wooden spoons for the
                          most inept e-mail on many occasions I've never been
                          sent one through the post which seems odd as i've been
                          sent most everything else over the last 23 years! PLG
                          sent a nice hammer once. It has a rubber stamp where
                          the head should be and the postage stamps are on the
                          handle. Other tools? I'll have to think about that one
                          dot dot dot Michael

                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 3, 2003
                            Thanks for the General..ho hum ...you are getting good at it mate///pete

                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 3, 2003
                              hope we can continue to keep the Post Office in full employment///pete

                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 3, 2003
                                WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO GET ALL ShIRTY?

                                jACQUI

                                %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                                -- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote:

                                > Must be somethin' in the water????pete
                                >
                                > I've been keeping a low profile
                                > >because evey time i've posted an irate australian
                                > gets
                                > >all shirty with me! >
                                > >Michael from A.1.

                                > Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new
                                > ninemsn Premium. Click here
                                > http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp

                                Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                                http://companion.yahoo.com/
                              • michael leigh
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 4, 2003
                                  --- jacqui disler <jaquijade@...> wrote: > WHAT
                                  DOES IT MEAN TO GET ALL ShIRTY?

                                  I think it must be cockney rhyming slang. BUt not sure
                                  of its origins. I know it means "hot under the collar"
                                  or to be vexed in some way. Michael

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 4, 2003
                                    THose with vests are less vexed so to speak!!! pete

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 4, 2003
                                      Dunno but the number i been wearin these last few tropical days
                                      are sure gunna stew the washin' machine...pete
                                      ps. got a nice bookie from Tom!!!

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 4, 2003
                                        Jacqui just published a little number by Tom Weigel in my EPIC PRESS
                                        series...new series a bit like MIGHTY THIN BOOKS ...pete