Re: [mailart] lotte lenya

  • tottom
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
      Sorry jaqui, it sounded probably more agressive than I meant it to be. Problem is that obviously nobody knows this album, which in my opinion is one of rhe major releases of the 20th century.

      tottom
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
        Probably true Lotte has a vocal range very
        beautiful.I've only heard here a few times but
        would rate her right up there with Edith Piaf
        and the traditionalist of balladry. as i remember
        a bit of gritty edginess to the sexual huskiness of
        her vioce. I would like to get the albumn. There must
        be some remastered Cd. somewhere.
        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        --- tottom <tottom@...> wrote:
        > Sorry jaqui, it sounded probably more agressive than
        > I meant it to be. Problem is that obviously nobody
        > knows this album, which in my opinion is one of rhe
        > major releases of the 20th century.
        >
        > tottom

        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • pete spence
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
          Given this stabat mater prattle is some sort of femminist plot i think i
          might check to see how many women composers are among the 100+ on cd very
          few i'd say its easy enough to check by doing a bit of research on that
          webby site i gave//pete...lotte lenya a major no doubt i think it was the
          weil that frank o'hara makes mention of in relation to lenya in one of his
          "i do this i do that" poems ...though weil's symphonies are a good listen
          etc etc/pete

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
            >>>Friend James says Stabat Mater means "Shoe Maker".
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote:

            > Given this stabat mater prattle is some sort of
            > femminist plot i think i
            > might check to see how many women composers are
            > among the 100+ on cd very
            > few i'd say its easy enough to check by doing a bit
            > of research on that
            > webby site i gave//pete...lotte lenya a major no
            > doubt i think it was the
            > weil that frank o'hara makes mention of in relation
            > to lenya in one of his
            > "i do this i do that" poems ...though weil's
            > symphonies are a good listen
            > etc etc/pete
            > >
            > >Maria Bartriromo does a good Stabat Mater on MS.NBC
            > >but if you really like drooling into the camera for
            > >about thirty thousand a minute. She knows
            > everything a
            > >"CHICK"
            > >otter know about IPOS. The three penny opera! Never
            > >trace of red.
            > >

            >$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            > >--- tottom <tottom@...> wrote:
            > > > The music discussions are getting more
            > surrealistic
            > > > everyday. 100 + versions of Stabat Mater. My
            > god,
            > > > this feminist crap. Stabat Pater! That's the
            > future!
            > > >
            > > > By the way does anyone know Lotte Lenya sings
            > Kurt
            > > > Weil on CBS LP? (Don't know if they ever brought
            > it
            > > > out on CD)
            > > >
            > > > tottom

            > > > removed]

            > >Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better
            > >http://health.yahoo.com

            http://health.yahoo.com
          • pete spence
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
              must work for Fur/Rah/Ree, like M Roche the visual novelist!!!pete

              >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            • pete spence
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                Now Jacqui don't get too troubled about this totomtotem fool he believes
                everyone should only know what he knows a sort of variation on the
                solopsistik virus...pete

                >Why don't you tell me than. You keep your info as if
                >you were an insider trader. I don't care about Lottory
                >Lenya.
                >And you don't have to tell me about being a woman I
                >think I know and also having been a cabaret singer I
                >think I know about that too. So you keep all your
                >knowledge to yourself and don't share with anyone what
                >you know.
                >
                >--- tottom <tottom@...> wrote:
                > > There is more to Lotte Lenya than the 3 penny opera.
                > > If you don't know about it why not just keep quiet??
                > >
                > > tottom

              • pete spence
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                  Jacqui,, maybe if this bit of vinyl is so rare,maybe he (tottom) should be
                  gracious to the world and copy it into his computer and then burn down cds
                  of it for anyone who might be interested in having a copy seems an easy
                  enough task just don't think there is any generousness in this totaltom to
                  offer...pete

                • jacqui disler
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4, 2002
                    TomTom, Should get around to some of the tops of the
                    Century sometime. Music and otherwise. Thanks for the
                    suggestion. It's good to know what turns your friends
                    on.
                    --- tottom <tottom@...> wrote:
                    > Sorry jaqui, it sounded probably more agressive than
                    > I meant it to be. Problem is that obviously nobody
                    > knows this album, which in my opinion is one of rhe
                    > major releases of the 20th century.
                    >
                    > tottom

                    http://health.yahoo.com