An introduction......

  • jershay2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hello everyone-

      My name is Shay. I love and am fascinated with old-fashioned (:))
      letters, postcards, notes, etc. I think there is nothing better than
      to discover a letter or postcard from a friend and especially when
      they had some part in making it- some how it is magical (excuse my
      romanticism).

      Since I was young I have made personalized stationary for the person
      I was sending my letters to- making a letter even more special (I
      hope)!

      I have begun to create postcards of my own, albeit I am still a
      novice and although creative, my artistic abilities are limited.

      I hope to become a better "artist" and correspondent through this
      interesting group....

      Sincerely,
      Shay.
    • wcporter81425
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2002
        Hello, Shay. Welcome.

        Yes indeed, finding something personal and artistic in one's mailbox
        makes each day even brighter.

        Just a suggestion, go back through the previous messages. There are
        several mail art calls, and a few where others are looking for new
        exchange "partners." Become active and share your creativity.

        Again, welcome.

        Bill Porter
      • jershay2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2002
          Thank you, Bill, for the welcome and helpful suggestion!

          I will endeavor to search the previous messages for mailart calls and
          the like- I noticed you have an exchange of mail art for interesting
          plastic medium for postcards....

          Thank you again,
          Shay.
        • wcporter81425
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
            Shay,

            Yes, regarding the material exchange. I hope you'll take me up on
            it. There seems to be untold numbers of uses for the corroplast. So
            far, the clear has been my favorite. But I'm thinking about a couple
            of other ideas.

            Send me some art so I can send you some pieces to try for yourself.
            If you have trouble finding the address in the database, just drop me
            an email offlist. Use wcporterATrmi.net (AT = "@").

            Have a great one!!

            Bill
          • Gandha Key, zyarts.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2002
              Why am I receiving mail that is address to the group moderator?

            • Sztuka Fabryka
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
                Yes, I wonder also why I have to be part of a chat session between a few
                people. I hope to receive Mail-Art information only through this medium in
                the future. Till now it was quiet dissapointed.
                Sztuka Fabryka

                > Why am I receiving mail that is address to the group moderator?

                > Archiv, Files, Calendar, Polls, Links, Database and Chat about Mail Art in
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mailart

              • Hans Braumüller
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
                  Hello friends,

                  every post that address to mailart@yahoogroups.com by members of this list
                  is automatically published, because this list is in spirit of mail art
                  unmoderated. This mean that is depends on us how this list is being developed.

                  Greetings,

                  Hans Braumüller

                  At 11:37 03.02.02 +0100, you wrote:
                  >Yes, I wonder also why I have to be part of a chat session between a few
                  >people. I hope to receive Mail-Art information only through this medium in
                  >the future. Till now it was quiet dissapointed.
                  >Sztuka Fabryka

                • jacqui disler
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                    Hans,
                    I really take offence with people's complaints about
                    personal chat. I find it endearing and I hope that the
                    message board doesn't become something like a Business
                    School Information post. if it's just too much to deal
                    with the human side why are you in mailart? Why would
                    you complain about a service that is offered to you
                    for free in the first place?
                    Confused and sad,
                    Jacqui

                    --- Hans Braum�ller <braumueller@...> wrote:
                    > Hello friends,
                    >
                    > every post that address to mailart@yahoogroups.com
                    > by members of this list
                    > is automatically published, because this list is in
                    > spirit of mail art
                    > unmoderated. This mean that is depends on us how
                    > this list is being developed.
                    >
                    > Greetings,
                    >
                    > Hans Braum�ller
                    >

                    > At 11:37 03.02.02 +0100, you wrote:
                    > >Yes, I wonder also why I have to be part of a chat
                    > session between a few
                    > >people. I hope to receive Mail-Art information only
                    > through this medium in
                    > >the future. Till now it was quiet dissapointed.
                    > >Sztuka Fabryka

                    http://greetings.yahoo.com
                  • pete spence
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2002
                      yep it be a terrible affliction to get mail-art sans a note to show that the
                      sender is more than jest an ARTiculation//pete spence

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 5, 2002
                        Dear Shay,
                        You've found a home. Welcome.
                        Jacqui