FYI: email art project

  • Jas W Felter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      daniel stringer wrote:
      Mail/Email art Project

      Below are some details for anyone interested in participating in a
      mail/email art project. I
      have written to a variety of artists in order to gather a diverse
      selection of contributions. As a
      participant you should expect to receive a copy of a booklet containing
      all works received. The
      final results will also be exhibited at Cheltenham & Gloucester C.H.E
      from June- July 2001.

      If you are interested the details are below otherwise perhaps you could
      forward them to
      someone you know who may be interested. If you have any questions please
      contact me.

      Details

      This project deals with issues of communication, collaboration,
      distribution and publication. It
      will reveal the suitability of Postal and Internet services to realise
      these aims.

      I am asking artists to send an artwork (drawing, collage, digital
      image etc.) through the post or
      email. The theme is mapping, I am particularly interested in maps
      plotting or recording routes
      and connections. Work can be submitted via post or email and aim to
      arrive as soon as possible
      preferably before the second week of April 2001.

      Every piece received will be copied and included in a simple booklet
      and on a web-page.
      Participants will receive a copy of the booklet.

      "daniel stringer" <gorkydan@...>