Re: [mailart] (unknown)

  • Merlin
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2001
    • pete spence
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 9, 2002
        Jacqui,,,have you been busy lately????pete

        >Erm, Jacqui, would you mind not filling my mailbox with quite so many
        >nonsensical messages filled with nonsense? Maybe you could perhaps
        >compile them all into one?
        >
        >- Julia

      • jacqui disler
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 9, 2002
          in the Crown>>>> Not not so awfully busy. Bess Myerson
          might retire from her grave and appear on "WHat's my
          line?"
          Would you say Tow or Throw?,,,<<<<<<<<<<<<
          {Master Lapwing} LGM...yes and they are coming to
          take me away ha ha ha eh he he. I'll take a stab in
          the Dark..The Goon Show?

          --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote:

          > Jacqui,,,have you been busy lately????pete
          >

          > >Erm, Jacqui, would you mind not filling my mailbox
          > with quite so many
          > >nonsensical messages filled with nonsense? Maybe
          > you could perhaps
          > >compile them all into one?
          > >
          > >- Julia

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • pete spence
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
            Dear dear,,,so many nonsequitor saidtenses filled with nounsense!!!! pete

            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
              Jacqui do they do the goon show in the us of hey! that show would surely
              straighten out a few Hamericans ,,might e'en teach 'em humour if not plain
              silliness (the next best thing )//pete

              jacqui said...

              The Goon Show?

            • pete spence
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
                Maybe i should have signed this:Abraham Lincoln Gillespie???????pete

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
                  Peter..Does The Potter Hack a chad and Jermy Fisher?
                  Dr. Who?

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 13, 2002
                    No, but Jeff managed to tape some survivalist piece of
                    tape of Dr. Who whith Tom Baker and then the cute
                    guy.
                    Also I have a boxed set of Wallace and Grommit...what
                    this has to do with mail-art I'd surely like to ask
                    Peter Sellers.
                    Ha Ha Hamericans
                    The funniest part is that Hamericans don't even
                    consider
                    South Hamerica to be a part of the Hamericans!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 15, 2002
                      Jacqui,,my son likes doc who!!! has most of it on tape and where would we
                      be widout wallet and grabbit?? what has anything to do with mail-art or vice
                      the versa with a twist...the only thing hamericans like doing with south
                      hamerica is draining its economies!!! should i say more//pete

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 17, 2002
                        --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote:

                        > Jacqui,,my son likes doc who!!! has most of it on
                        > tape and where would we
                        > be widout wallet and grabbit?? what has anything to
                        > do with mail-art or vice
                        > the versa with a twist...the only thing hamericans
                        > like doing with south
                        > hamerica is draining its economies!!! should i say
                        > more//pete

                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        > >Dear Pete,
                        All account numbers have been changed except
                        for one since I have no idea why K-mart should
                        c.a.r.e.
                        But soon get that to rights and off again to the
                        races.
                        Saw Star Wars today since Master Yoda is back and ends
                        every sentence with a verb we should be jolly well
                        South African by Midnite. Too bad the photo with Andi
                        and the Easter Bunny can't be replaced. I've sussed
                        that there's a game a foot but can't figure why
                        Rabbit. Any colloquial opinions welcome. Bug-out!
                        Love,
                        Me

                      • joeyknow@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 10 10:19 AM
                          what about a couple? male and female?
                          joey and rose.

                          In a message dated 8/9/02 2:47:23 AM, jaquijade@... writes:

                          > We've had one Female so how
                          >about a Male this time or if there are no takers I'll
                          >accept another Female. It could lanquish for a much
                          >longer period unless one of you brave souls takes up
                          >the mantle..well you get the gist of it. Thank you for
                          >your careful reading and Inspired acceptance of this
                          >challenge.
                        • jacqui disler
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 10 4:38 PM
                            Yes, That would be definitively cool. Do you two want
                            to do it..? Did you get the package I sent you, Joey?
                            Also I've thought more about your collage very
                            provocative. Sent the tear sheets to my music madness
                            doyen. Got the documentation from Helgoland..still
                            absorbing all that.
                            Haven't reached complete saturation quite yet. Have a
                            nice Day!
                            Jacqui

                            --- joeyknow@... wrote:
                            > what about a couple? male and female?
                            > joey and rose.
                            >
                            > In a message dated 8/9/02 2:47:23 AM,
                            > jaquijade@... writes:
                            >
                            > > We've had one Female so how
                            > >about a Male this time or if there are no takers
                            > I'll
                            > >accept another Female. It could lanquish for a much
                            > >longer period unless one of you brave souls takes
                            > up
                            > >the mantle..well you get the gist of it. Thank you
                            > for
                            > >your careful reading and Inspired acceptance of
                            > this
                            > >challenge.

                            HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                            http://www.hotjobs.com
                          • karen mahony
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 27, 2002
                              Oh well, whatever, I'll try somewhere else. But I'd still love to hear at least one opinion on mail art!

                              From: "Geert De Decker" <art@...>
                              Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:29:25 -0000

                              >This list is officialy declared dead. Reason of death is murder by two
                              >individuals who definitely need to follow a course "how to behave in a
                              >group and the human society".

                              Baba studio
                              Bretislavova 12
                              Prague 1
                              118 00
                              Czech Republic

                              www.baba-studio.com
                              --
                            • Shanna
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 27, 2002
                                I am new to this group and I just recently found out about the concept of mail art. I am intrigued by the concept and am ready to get started. I am really dissapointed that this group seems to be going downhill. If anyone can direct me to a working mail art group it would be appreciated. I would really be interested in meeting some of you too. I am an artist that live in Arizona (not a "southwest" Style Artist).
                                Sincerely,
                                -----------
                                Shanna
                                www.funkyfibers.com
                                Oh well, whatever, I'll try somewhere else. But I'd still love to hear at least one opinion on mail art!

                                From: "Geert De Decker" <art@...>
                                Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:29:25 -0000

                                >This list is officialy declared dead. Reason of death is murder by two
                                >individuals who definitely need to follow a course "how to behave in a
                                >group and the human society".

                                Baba studio
                                Bretislavova 12
                                Prague 1
                                118 00
                                Czech Republic

                                www.baba-studio.com
                                --

                                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              • kiyotei
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 27, 2002
                                  Yahoo groups:

                                  Artistamps
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artistamp/

                                  Internation Union Of Mailartists
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iuoma/

                                  Mail-Art Network
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ma-network/

                                  More groups, chats and message boards listed here:
                                  http://www.art.net/kiyotei/postcalls.html

                                  Welcome to the wacky chaos of online mailart!
                                  No rulez exemplified.

                                  kiyotei
                                  (change is good)
                                • pete spence
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 28, 2002
                                    YOU are totally unbelievable Geert, the behavour that is wrecking this list
                                    is what you are doing with this comment and others who cannot it seems do
                                    even simple communication...pete

                                    >This list is officialy declared dead. Reason of death is murder by two
                                    >individuals who definitely need to follow a course "how to behave in a
                                    >group and the human society".

                                  • jacqui disler
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 29, 2002
                                      dEAR pETER,
                                      i HAVE SEEN MY FIRST lARS von Trier film and I
                                      watch Sex Machines like Unger but so much from hunger,
                                      you know and I entered a contest to be a writer for an
                                      HBO film, Fantastique..no. Remeber Tristram and Isolde
                                      I ate three Napoleons and I feel phat! Bon Soir
                                      perhaps this week I can get my car repaired and then
                                      house so much gd planning has to go into this and
                                      make-up takes at least an hour just for the natural
                                      look. I have a yello cotton dress with violet peonies
                                      no wait nasturshems. I feel like a BoBo this morning I
                                      must try to sleep. You know no one really cares about
                                      what you wear anymore..they are so Crude.
                                      Love and Looks,
                                      J.
                                      --- pete spence <spenvis@...> wrote:

                                      > YOU are totally unbelievable Geert, the behavour
                                      > that is wrecking this list
                                      > is what you are doing with this comment and others
                                      > who cannot it seems do
                                      > even simple communication...pete
                                      >

                                      > >This list is officialy declared dead. Reason of
                                      > death is murder by two
                                      > >individuals who definitely need to follow a course
                                      > "how to behave in a
                                      > >group and the human society".

                                      > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print
                                      > your photos:

                                      http://sbc.yahoo.com
                                    • pete spence
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 24, 2002
                                        i notice that there is no Documentation To All in this invitation,
                                        documentations of projects going out to all that par/tici/pate are an
                                        essential networking item...pete

                                        > Dear group- I am the curator of a public art space in the
                                        >Firehouse Cultural
                                        > > Center in Newburyport, Massachussetts, USA . This Valentine's day
                                        >we are
                                        > > sponsoring a mail in valentine show. THE DEAD LINE FOR MAILED IN
                                        >ART IS
                                        > > JANUARY 22, 2003. WORK WILL NOT BE RETURNED. A PRIZE WILL BE
                                        >AWARDED TO THE
                                        > > MOST POPULAR VALENTINE ( DETERMINED BY POPULAR VOTE). the work
                                        >should be
                                        > > postcard size ( large or standard size- actually if you can mail
                                        >it we can
                                        > > hang it) please send it to : THE FIREHOUSE CENTER
                                        > >
                                        >attn: KAREN
                                        > > KELLY DARDINSKI
                                        > >
                                        >MARKET
                                        > > SQUARE
                                        > >
                                        > > NEWBURYPORT, MA 01950
                                        > >

                                        > > WEALSO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR SHOWS IN OUR SPACE PLEASE ASK FOR A
                                        > > PROSPECTUS IF INTERESTED.
                                        > >
                                        > > PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE CARD AND SHARE THIS
                                        >WITH YOUR
                                        > > FRIENDS IT IS A LARGE SPACE AND CAN ACCOMODATE 100'S OF ENTRIES. I
                                        >LOOK
                                        > > FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THROUGH YOUR WORK--- PEACE, KAREN KELLY
                                        >DARDINSKI
                                        >

                                        >Archiv, Files, Calendar, Polls, Links, Database and Chat about Mail Art in
                                        >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mailart

                                      • karen dardinski
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 24, 2002
                                          pete -I signed up to post this on a couple of websites. I am a manipulated
                                          book artist and also the curator of this show in the gallery I direct. I
                                          thought this would be a great february show-- I don't know what you mean or
                                          how else to list this . any ideas?? i would appreciate the help thanks
                                          Karen

                                          From: "pete spence" <spenvis@...>
                                          Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:21:12 +0000
                                          To: mailart@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 24, 2002
                                            Karen,,sent info direct to you in another e-mail...it is a big part of
                                            mail-art to get documentation of the show even a simple photocopied list of
                                            names and addresses of the participants,,,a documentation no matter how
                                            simple is very much like a phone book it can keep you in touch with new
                                            mail-artists and also confirm current addresses of those who have been in
                                            mail-art for many years plus a documentation gives a good sampling of
                                            participation etc,,,some documentations are very swish like ROBERs recent
                                            extravagance from France or Anna Boschi's from Italy although the pictures
                                            in Anna's this time around were a bit smallish...
                                            i've found that the best documentations consistantly come out of Europe and
                                            that the USA (oh great nation!!)has a poor reputation as far as
                                            documentations go apart from Marilyn Dammans very nice midyear(2002)
                                            catalogue very little is ever seen///pete spence

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 24, 2002
                                              pete- thanks- I will amend my posting accordingly- I will check with the
                                              visual artists committee to see exactly how complex a catalogue we can come
                                              up with - it seems an appropriate response to such a show. actually, I am
                                              rather excited about this aspect of the show. each person would receive a
                                              copy in return for their participation- the firehouse center has a website(
                                              currently under ( Re-construction) we could post it there also ---- thanks
                                              again karen dardinski

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 25, 2002
                                                Karen i think QUalities should be within means, as long as some sort of
                                                documentation goes out, in recent years a lot of mail-artists etc have
                                                decided to do projects without thinking out this aspect and probably found
                                                it very costly sometimes too costly to bother,,,if you have 200 responses
                                                from around the world this becomes an expensive part of any project...the
                                                European catalogues good as they are are usually tied to local arts
                                                funding,,,it seems to me anyone wanting to do a mail-art show should first
                                                see what sort of local funding might be available and go from there... my
                                                annual International Visual Poetry exhibitions through the early 1990's were
                                                funded via the City of Port Phillip through their annual Writers Festival my
                                                funding went as far as postage for any documentation which meant i had to do
                                                a simple documentation from my own pocket but the postage paid was
                                                essential i would also do the invite for the next years project and send it
                                                out with the current catalogue an ideal situation...though i have always
                                                felt i would have enjoyed the idea of people getting higher quality
                                                catalogues i found that SOMETHING was at least better than nothing,,,pete
                                                spence

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Dec 16, 2002
                                                  whoish ist the bastard did kilt kenny!!!