Hello out there!

  • jadedfury
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 1999
      I'm a wanna be player. I can't find where to buy the game. Can anyone steer me to a website that sells mahjongg. Thanks Tim
    • AuroraBora
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 1999
        Hi Jade,<br><br>There is a website you can go see
        that will give you a good indication on what type of
        game set you purchased at the flea market. It will
        also show you how to determine if you have a full set
        or not. They have color pictures on the website as
        well to aide you in figuring out exactly what you have
        purchased. <br>I've added the website which is titled Mah
        Jongg Cyber Museum on this clubs "Links"
        page.<br><br>There is also a link that I added for others wishing to
        find distributors of Mah Jongg sets. You can find a
        number of distributors by stopping by the web site
        titled The Maj Exchange. That link is also provided in
        the member's "Links" section of this
        club.<br><br>Does anyone here (lurking or otherwise) play by the
        National League standards for the game? <br><br>Happy
        Playing,<br>Bora
      • AuroraBora
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 1999
          Hi Tim,<br><br>If you would like to buy a
          relatively inexpensive set, you can often find them at game
          stores at your local mall. (Not the electronic game
          stores, the board game stores where Chess games are
          sold)<br><br>If you are looking for a more expensive or antique
          set, or simply want to learn how to distinguish
          between a valuable and inexpensive sets, you might
          consider checking out the Mah Jongg Cyber Museum or The
          Maj Exchange on the net. I have added both those
          links to this club's "Links" page. The Maj Exchange
          also has a links page which will direct you to
          distributors of Mah Jongg game sets and replacement pieces.
        • SoloFenris
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 26, 1999
            Hi, my name is Jeff. I am 24 and have been
            playing Mahj for about six months now. I play mostly
            Japanese rules but Chinese standard is no problem either.
            For those of you interested in a twist, download the
            demo of Isle of Four Winds: Rune War. You can get it
            on download.com You can play standard Mahj or pick
            one of nine wizards and compete for territories. The
            tiles in your hand dictate what type of spells you can
            cast and the monsters you can release on the other
            players. Winning a hand of Mahj is what builds up your
            spell power also. I really like it and I encourage you
            to check it out.
          • Kim_C_25
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 1999
              Hi all...I am learning this game and I was wondering about the "Chow" buttons. They have it set 3 ways: Chow**; *Chow*; and **Chow.<br><br>What is the difference? Thanks.