Scoring system

  • c_stoddart
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hi,<br><br>I am an IT Student creating a
      computerised mah-jongg scoring system as my independent study
      for my degree.<br><br>The idea is that the scoring
      program will be used by board game players to enable them
      to work out the score quickly.<br><br>If i can get
      the program working I would like to post it on the
      internet to enable fellow players to download the software
      free of charge.<br><br>If anyone has any suggestions
      or any features they would like to see in the
      program I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail
      me at
    • jaan26ind70
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
        I would like to address the very rude behavior of
        some at the internet mah jongg tables. Getting up and
        just leaving a table because you lose a hand is rude,
        unsportmanlike and completely unacceptable. Dont be sore losers,
        people!!
      • nyladee39
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
          I don't know what kind of mah jongg you are
          playing, but the one I have on my computer doesn't allow
          me to call for any tile unless it is the person
          before me. When I finally get the chance to call a tile
          if someone else in the game wants it, a note comes
          up saying that I wanted it, but someone else needed
          too. Talk about being rude. Every time that happens to
          me I abort the game and start a new game.
          the one you are playing I don't know.
        • cutiejenny77
          Message 4 of 10 , May 26, 2001
          • manhattanmahjonggclub
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2001
              Hi Everyone,<br><br>I'm a new member and live on
              the Upper East side of Manhattan. I have played Mah
              Jongg for over 30 years and I recently began teaching
              women who never played mah jongg or women who haven't
              played in 30 years. The class consists of 5 lessons,
              21/2 hrs each, in my home with 4 or 5 women at a time.
              Mah Jongg is becoming a popular game once again with
              many baby boomers. If anyone who lives in New York
              City and is interested in learning Mah Jongg please
              e-mail me at mahjonggteacher@... Thank you, Linda
            • jean713
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2001
                I just recently moved to a new city and would like to find some folks to play mah-jongg with. Any suggestions on how to go about it?