Mahjonng reference

  • imdoc2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2000
      Looking for a good reference book on Mahjonng. Having trouble finding a good one; especially on in print. Help!
    • imdoc2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2000
        How much are u looking to spend?<br>I got a
        really nice set through Bits and Pieces, a mail order
        jigsaw puzzle and game company. Pretty sure they had two
        levels of the set. I got the more expensive one, about
        $100. Can't remember the cost of the other. Doubt u
        will do much better. I looked for a long time before I
        bought the one I did. Have enjoyed it! Playing the real
        game is so much more fun than on the computer!<br>Hope
        this was a help, Gary.
      • c_stoddart
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2 8:53 AM
          Hi,<br><br>I am an IT Student creating a
          computerised mah-jongg scoring system as my independent study
          for my degree.<br><br>The idea is that the scoring
          program will be used by board game players to enable them
          to work out the score quickly.<br><br>If i can get
          the program working I would like to post it on the
          internet to enable fellow players to download the software
          free of charge.<br><br>If anyone has any suggestions
          or any features they would like to see in the
          program I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail
          me at
        • jaan26ind70
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
            I would like to address the very rude behavior of
            some at the internet mah jongg tables. Getting up and
            just leaving a table because you lose a hand is rude,
            unsportmanlike and completely unacceptable. Dont be sore losers,
            people!!
          • nyladee39
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
              I don't know what kind of mah jongg you are
              playing, but the one I have on my computer doesn't allow
              me to call for any tile unless it is the person
              before me. When I finally get the chance to call a tile
              if someone else in the game wants it, a note comes
              up saying that I wanted it, but someone else needed
              too. Talk about being rude. Every time that happens to
              me I abort the game and start a new game.
              the one you are playing I don't know.
            • cutiejenny77
              Message 6 of 10 , May 26, 2001
              • manhattanmahjonggclub
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2001
                  Hi Everyone,<br><br>I'm a new member and live on
                  the Upper East side of Manhattan. I have played Mah
                  Jongg for over 30 years and I recently began teaching
                  women who never played mah jongg or women who haven't
                  played in 30 years. The class consists of 5 lessons,
                  21/2 hrs each, in my home with 4 or 5 women at a time.
                  Mah Jongg is becoming a popular game once again with
                  many baby boomers. If anyone who lives in New York
                  City and is interested in learning Mah Jongg please
                  e-mail me at mahjonggteacher@... Thank you, Linda
                • jean713
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 3, 2001
                    I just recently moved to a new city and would like to find some folks to play mah-jongg with. Any suggestions on how to go about it?