Where to buy a Mahjongg set?

  • jadedfury
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 5, 1999
      I can't find a place to buy a set that dosen't cost an arm and a leg. Can anyone steer me to an affordable quality set? Thanks TIM
    • imdoc2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2000
        Looking for a good reference book on Mahjonng. Having trouble finding a good one; especially on in print. Help!
      • imdoc2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2000
          How much are u looking to spend?<br>I got a
          really nice set through Bits and Pieces, a mail order
          jigsaw puzzle and game company. Pretty sure they had two
          levels of the set. I got the more expensive one, about
          $100. Can't remember the cost of the other. Doubt u
          will do much better. I looked for a long time before I
          bought the one I did. Have enjoyed it! Playing the real
          game is so much more fun than on the computer!<br>Hope
          this was a help, Gary.
        • c_stoddart
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
            Hi,<br><br>I am an IT Student creating a
            computerised mah-jongg scoring system as my independent study
            for my degree.<br><br>The idea is that the scoring
            program will be used by board game players to enable them
            to work out the score quickly.<br><br>If i can get
            the program working I would like to post it on the
            internet to enable fellow players to download the software
            free of charge.<br><br>If anyone has any suggestions
            or any features they would like to see in the
            program I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail
            me at
          • jaan26ind70
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
              I would like to address the very rude behavior of
              some at the internet mah jongg tables. Getting up and
              just leaving a table because you lose a hand is rude,
              unsportmanlike and completely unacceptable. Dont be sore losers,
              people!!
            • nyladee39
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 24, 2001
                I don't know what kind of mah jongg you are
                playing, but the one I have on my computer doesn't allow
                me to call for any tile unless it is the person
                before me. When I finally get the chance to call a tile
                if someone else in the game wants it, a note comes
                up saying that I wanted it, but someone else needed
                too. Talk about being rude. Every time that happens to
                me I abort the game and start a new game.
                the one you are playing I don't know.
              • cutiejenny77
                Message 7 of 10 , May 26 3:59 PM
                • manhattanmahjonggclub
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2001
                    Hi Everyone,<br><br>I'm a new member and live on
                    the Upper East side of Manhattan. I have played Mah
                    Jongg for over 30 years and I recently began teaching
                    women who never played mah jongg or women who haven't
                    played in 30 years. The class consists of 5 lessons,
                    21/2 hrs each, in my home with 4 or 5 women at a time.
                    Mah Jongg is becoming a popular game once again with
                    many baby boomers. If anyone who lives in New York
                    City and is interested in learning Mah Jongg please
                    e-mail me at mahjonggteacher@... Thank you, Linda
                  • jean713
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 3, 2001
                      I just recently moved to a new city and would like to find some folks to play mah-jongg with. Any suggestions on how to go about it?