Print out documents by webpage or E-mails with large print software

  • johnc44@gis.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hello, everybody!

      I have a question for you about LP-WIN and printing. My girlfriend
      uses LP-WIN to read her webpage and E-Mail. she is using netscape
      communicator 4.76 for her E-Mail. She leaves Netscape as defaults but
      reads with LP-WIN to enlarge the webpage to make it look proper.

      If she wanted to print her document, either the webpage or E-Mail,
      she found out that her hard copy printed into a TINY print; she can
      NOT read anything!!! She showed me the hard copy. I found she has to
      do something else to do the job.

      does anyone know how can she enlarge her documents to print out with
      large fonts as she can read?

      I would appreciate your reply. Thank you very much!

      Very truly yours,
      John Cunniff
      Server Administrator
      Aquarius.deepspace.org
      http://www.deepspace.org/
    • Karey Carbaugh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
        Hello John,
        I am not aware of any software to do this, other than to change your
        fonts (which I don't think is what you want). However, I have heard about
        a HP Deskjet that will print a "normal" 8 1/2" X 11" page format on an 11"
        X 17" piece of paper, with fonts scaled to larger font to fit the page. I
        don't have one and haven't used one, but if you are interested I can get
        the model number from a collegue who told me about it. I don't think the
        font is dramatically increase, but it might be enough for this person.

        Thank you, KAREY@IBMUSM54
        Have a great day KAREY@IBMMAIL
        Karey e-mail: Karey@...
        Karey Carbaugh
        Project Manager
        IBM Global Services
        Boulder, CO 80301
        Phone: (303) 939-3355 IBM T/L: 263-3355

        johnc44@... on 04/03/2001 10:15:55 AM

        Please respond to magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

        To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject: [magnifiers] Print out documents by webpage or E-mails with large
        print software

[...]

      • Karen McCall
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
          John:

          For Communicator, under Edit, Preferences, Font, you can determine the font
          size displayed on a page and then tell Netscape to only use your font colour
          or size. I tried setting the font at 20 pt and it printed out at that font
          size.

          I use Outlook, but I took a look at the Netscape mail and there is an option
          under View to increase or decrease a font. The other alternative is to se if
          you can use a stationary and get it to only use that stationary [which you
          can make fonts as large or small in].

          Hope this helps.

          Karen

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2001
            I am not an expert, but I do not think extra software is needed. When I
            use IE5, the text on the page is dictated by the font I have selected in
            Tools/options. I believe I have instructed the browser to "ignore" the
            font on the web page. I can also change the font size on the web page,
            five levels, Largest to Smallest. When I change the font size, it will
            print on my Deskjet in the size I select. I use Win ME. For emails, I
            use Outlook Express, and in that program I also have "View/text size"
            options.

            Ken Murray: The "Blind Guy"
            SKP 33809, WIN 1924, SMART 9621, RVC 1764
            Kettering Ohio (near Dayton)
            www.votermarch.org
            kennethjmurray@...