Re: [magnifiers] Highlighting text

  • Haverp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2001
      tony@... writes:

      << Is there anything I can do so that I can use the shift+aroow keys in
      Internet Explorer? >>

      You need a cursor.
      There are two ways I know. Click into the window with the mouse where you
      want to start highlighting, and then use shitf + arrow to highlight.

      Or use edit: select all, then you can use shift + arrow to unselect, or you
      can press enter or esc to unselect, this gives you a cursor you can use shift
      + arrow to highlight the text you want.

      Greg
    • Michael Wigle
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        I'm afraid not Tony. You don't need ZoomText to highlight using the shift
        and arrow keys. That's a feature of Windows. You can do it in Word because
        you are in an edit box that you can type in. Web pages are not technically
        in an edit box but it is locked so you can't edit. Therfore you can get your
        typing cursor in there to select. You'll notice, however, that in the little
        boxes where you can type for, say, searches, you can use the shift arrow to
        select what you type (though I realize that's not what you are wanting).
        Hope this at least explains things though I'm afraid it's not too helpful.

        Michael Wigle
        Computer Access Technician
        Cincinnati Association for the Blind