Windows 7 Magnifier with ZoomText

  • Sherry Wells
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hello all,

      I have major problems using one of my work, Java based applications with
      Zoomtext. No one has been able to resolve this problem. I would be happy
      to close ZT and use the Windows 7 magnifier for the brief amount of time I
      need to run this app once a week. I cannot get the Windows 7 magnifier to
      operate in full screen mode though. The full screen option is grayed out.
      I talked to someone else who has ZT on a Windows 7 machine and he saw the
      same thing, not able to make Windows 7 magnifier operate in full screen
      mode. However, when he checked his Windows 7 computer that did NOT have
      ZT installed, the Windows 7 magnifier had no problems being set to full
      screen mode. I called AI Squared and the support person told me ZT would
      not do anything to the video driver that would have any impact on the
      Windows 7 magnifier. Can anyone think of what could be going on here?
      Thanks.

      Regards,
      Sherry Wells

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
        Hi Sherry,

        I think your problem is caused by your PC desktop theme. Full screen mode needs an Aero based theme to work. This is the W7 default, but companies tend to turn it off (Why???). I had the same problem and had to ask for a policy change. Good luck!

        Kind regards, Bas

        Op 2 aug. 2012 om 17:54 heeft Sherry Wells <sdwells@...> het volgende geschreven:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have major problems using one of my work, Java based applications with
        > Zoomtext. No one has been able to resolve this problem. I would be happy
        > to close ZT and use the Windows 7 magnifier for the brief amount of time I
        > need to run this app once a week. I cannot get the Windows 7 magnifier to
        > operate in full screen mode though. The full screen option is grayed out.
        > I talked to someone else who has ZT on a Windows 7 machine and he saw the
        > same thing, not able to make Windows 7 magnifier operate in full screen
        > mode. However, when he checked his Windows 7 computer that did NOT have
        > ZT installed, the Windows 7 magnifier had no problems being set to full
        > screen mode. I called AI Squared and the support person told me ZT would
        > not do anything to the video driver that would have any impact on the
        > Windows 7 magnifier. Can anyone think of what could be going on here?
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sherry Wells

      • Michael Wigle
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
          Yup, you have to have the Theme set to Windows 7 with all the default
          display settings. There are a few display settings you can change without
          losing the functionality but it's best to leave it at defaults.

          Michael