ZoomText changes the magnification...

  • John Cunniff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2012
      Hello, Everybody,

      I'd like to ask you a question. Yesterday, I got a puzzled problem with my
      friend's computer running Windows 7 and ZoomText 9.19. When I clicked on
      either to open or close an application, for example:

      When I turn down on magnification [ALT numpad - to full screen then, I
      clicked on my friend's chat program, which is Mirc, and ZoomText suddenly
      changed its magnification by itself. I got confused. I hit X to close.
      (without change anything just for my curiosity) and after I 'confirmed' with
      "Are you sure..." question, I hit Yes, and it closed its application, by
      suddenly, ZoomText changed its magnification back to the full screen, like
      before I opened the magnification. I am soooooo confused why this is
      happening. Unfortunately, my hearing-sighted friend whho worked with my
      friend as staff messed up ZoomText, my friend said to me. Frown... I even
      did checked Outlook 2010 and WEIRD!!! When I got into mild magnification
      mode (like 8x for example) and when the downloading progress of mails
      completed, ZT AUTOMATICALLY magnified to the fullest magnified screen, like
      14X then, back to 8x, really weird to me. Then, I did not touch ZT's
      keyboard shortcuts so, just hit X from Outlook 2010 and same amount of
      magnification no change. I found it really weird.

      How can I fix "double-magnification" to be just a single. For example, I do
      not want to magnify just go to 1x for myself. I clicked on mIRC and it
      should keep the 1x magnify as it stays WITHOUT jumping to a full
      magnification?

      Thank you very much.

      Sincerely,

      John Cunniff
      President,
      Deaf-Blind Contact Center
      E-mail: johnc@... or johncunniff@...
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jcunniff
      IMs: JCunn27611 or johncunniff@...
      PhoneS: 866-350-7482; Text IM: 781-606-0343
      Skype: [PPD - Busy schedules]
      Fax: 781-979-0215
    • Haverp@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2012
        Does your friend have saved appication settings? these would be applied
        automaticaly when you open thatapplication.

        /greg

        E-mail: _johnc@..._ (mailto:johnc@...) or
        _johncunniff@..._ (mailto:johncunniff@...)
        IMs: JCunn27611 or _johncunniff@..._ (mailto:johncunniff@...)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2012
          Greg,

          No, my friend does not need saved application. But, next time when I go
          there, I can either turn off the application or remove the application so,
          she won't get confused by a different magnification or colors (like reverse
          video vs. normal scheme in a different program opened.)

          Thank you.

          Johnny :)