RE: [magnifiers] zoomtext AppReader incompatibility

  • Leonardo Costa Coscarelli
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
      Alan,

      I am not 100% sure, but I am afraid Zoomtext is optimized to work properly
      only with Explorer and Firefox. For these browsers Ai Squared provides
      technical support and there is a special accessibility library (called AHOI)
      to enhance performance. Other browsers are not provided with AHOI files, so
      they should work worse.

      Regarding Firefox 7, I have a tip for you. I notice that AppReader works
      properly only when you keep just one page opened at a time. After you click
      plus button and starts simultaneous browsing, AppReader no longer launches.
      But in single page session I am not experiencing rush problems.

      I use Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

      Good luck,

      Leo

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
          Hey AOL'ers!

          I remembered 2 years ago, I downloaded AOL 9.0 and tried to install it while
          running ZoomText. But, unfortunately, AOL Installer insisted me to UNLOAD
          ZoomText so, I got mad at AOL! Not nice of AOL to insisted me to UNLOAD
          ZoomText! That is DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THE BLIND PEOPLE!!!

          Grin,
          Johnny :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2011
            I dunno 'bout that, but i use IE8, firefox, and safair and for low vision
            users using zoomtext AOL is the easiest, most productive, browser I have
            ever used and very stable with zoomtex and all features work very well. some
            web sites don't work well with the AOL browser but most do. One notable
            web site that doesn't is the basic search for the NLS, but BARD and all other
            nls sites work fine, including quick search. Pandora radio is another one
            that doesn't work with AOL too wel. I have IE8 set as my default browser,
            but us AOL 98% of the time for hassle free productivety, but use IE8 and
            firefox on sites I know give AOL problems. Try AOL and see for yourself how
            simple it makes life for us low vision folks using zoomtext.

            /greg

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
              Greg,

              That's interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

              Johnny :)