Re: [magnifiers] Re: Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

  • Sherry Wells
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
      Hello Neal,

      Yes, I am definitely still having problems using ZoomText 9.1 on my
      Windows 7 computer. If I could afford it, I would scrap it and get a new
      one. This machine is 32 bit rather than 64; not sure if that would make a
      difference. I contacted AI Squared and they sent an email having me make
      a couple changes to settings but it did not help much. They did say that
      ZoomText does not work well with ITunes. In addition to ITunes, I have
      lots of problems with Outlook. I end up closing & reopening ZoomText a
      lot. I do also use Jaws which probably does not help. I tried using
      ZoomText with speech instead of Jaws but it did not seem to make much
      difference.

      Given that so many people successfully use ZoomText 9.1 with Windows 7
      makes me think the problem lies in my computer. Sorry to hear you are
      also having problems. It is very frustrating!

      Regards,
      Sherry Wells

      Karey Carbaugh <kareycarbaugh@...>
      Sent by: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
      10/24/2011 10:27 AM
      Please respond to
      magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

      Olga <okolga@...>
      cc
      "magnifiers@yahoogroups.com" <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject
      [magnifiers] Re: Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

      Neal,

      I believe you just replied to me and not to the whole list. So, I'm
      copying the list on this reply so that Sherry can respond if she is still
      having the problem.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
        We have fixed most compatibility issues with iTunes. The fixes are to be released in a few weeks. If you are interested in a pre-release please email beta@....

        Thanks,
        Shawn

        wrote:

        > Hello Sherry,

        > First of all, are you running the LATEST version of ZoomText 9.1? They

        made some enhancements around 9.18, I think, which made it "compatible"

        with Windows 7. Prior to that, I was told, it was NOT compatible. The

        upgrade from 9.1 to 9.18 is FREE and you should be able to run the product

        updater to upgrade.

        > The second thing you might try is uninstalling and re-installing

        ZoomText. It MAY be that ZoomText needs to be installed AFTER JAWS.Â

        Sometimes there are system files and by installing one product over

        another, you can install an older version of a system file without knowing

        it.

        > Finally, I would try sending a note to support@... This is their main

        support help desk ID.

        > I hope that one of these helps.

        > Good luck!

        > Thank you,

        > Have a Great Day!

        > Karey Carbaugh

        > --- On Mon, 6/13/11, Sherry Wells <sdwells@...> wrote:

        > From: Sherry Wells <sdwells@...>

        > Subject: [magnifiers] Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

        > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

        > Date: Monday, June 13, 2011, 9:35 AM

        > Hello all,

        > I am using, or trying to use, ZoomText 9.1 with Windows 7, 32 bit. I

        find

        > that ZoomText frequently seems to freeze. The symptoms are sluggish

        > movement of the mouse such that it won't move at all or moves very

        slowly

        > then jumps. I highlight a file and focus jumps to the top left of the

        > screen rather than on the file I highlighted. If I open an email in

        > Outlook, focus remains on the Outlook inbox rather than on the opened

        > email. If I close and reopen ZoomText then all is well for a while but

        > eventually I start getting the same symptoms. I am also using Jaws 11

        but

        > even if I close that, ZT still seems to freeze up or get behind or

        > whatever it is doing. Any ideas on how I can fix this? It has rendered

        > Windows 7 practically unusable for me as I sometimes have to close &

        > reopen ZT as frequently as every 10 minutes or so. Thanks.

        > Also, I tried sending this to the ZoomText email list but the address I

        > have apparently does not exist anymore. Is there still a ZoomText email

        > list? Thanks.

        > Regards,

        > Sherry Wells

      • Tony Cretney
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 26, 2011
          If you are getting updates regularly you should be on Zoom Text 9.19.1.53
          that update came out several months ago now. Won't comment on how well it
          functions on Windows 7 though as I am currently using Vista Home Premium.
          Tony