Re: Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

  • Karey Carbaugh
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2011
      Neal,

      I believe you just replied to me and not to the whole list.  So, I'm copying the list on this reply so that Sherry can respond if she is still having the problem.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
        Hello Neal,

        Yes, I am definitely still having problems using ZoomText 9.1 on my
        Windows 7 computer. If I could afford it, I would scrap it and get a new
        one. This machine is 32 bit rather than 64; not sure if that would make a
        difference. I contacted AI Squared and they sent an email having me make
        a couple changes to settings but it did not help much. They did say that
        ZoomText does not work well with ITunes. In addition to ITunes, I have
        lots of problems with Outlook. I end up closing & reopening ZoomText a
        lot. I do also use Jaws which probably does not help. I tried using
        ZoomText with speech instead of Jaws but it did not seem to make much
        difference.

        Given that so many people successfully use ZoomText 9.1 with Windows 7
        makes me think the problem lies in my computer. Sorry to hear you are
        also having problems. It is very frustrating!

        Regards,
        Sherry Wells

        Karey Carbaugh <kareycarbaugh@...>
        Sent by: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
        10/24/2011 10:27 AM
        Please respond to
        magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

        Olga <okolga@...>
        cc
        "magnifiers@yahoogroups.com" <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject
        [magnifiers] Re: Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

        wrote:

        > Hello Sherry,
        > First of all, are you running the LATEST version of ZoomText 9.1? They
        made some enhancements around 9.18, I think, which made it "compatible"
        with Windows 7. Prior to that, I was told, it was NOT compatible. The
        upgrade from 9.1 to 9.18 is FREE and you should be able to run the product
        updater to upgrade.
        > The second thing you might try is uninstalling and re-installing
        ZoomText. It MAY be that ZoomText needs to be installed AFTER JAWS.Â
        Sometimes there are system files and by installing one product over
        another, you can install an older version of a system file without knowing
        it.
        > Finally, I would try sending a note to support@... This is their main
        support help desk ID.
        > I hope that one of these helps.
        > Good luck!
        >

        > Thank you,
        > Have a Great Day!
        >
        > Karey Carbaugh

      • Shawn Warren
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011
          We have fixed most compatibility issues with iTunes. The fixes are to be released in a few weeks. If you are interested in a pre-release please email beta@....

          Thanks,
          Shawn

          wrote:

          > Hello Sherry,

          > First of all, are you running the LATEST version of ZoomText 9.1? They

          made some enhancements around 9.18, I think, which made it "compatible"

          with Windows 7. Prior to that, I was told, it was NOT compatible. The

          upgrade from 9.1 to 9.18 is FREE and you should be able to run the product

          updater to upgrade.

          > The second thing you might try is uninstalling and re-installing

          ZoomText. It MAY be that ZoomText needs to be installed AFTER JAWS.Â

          Sometimes there are system files and by installing one product over

          another, you can install an older version of a system file without knowing

          it.

          > Finally, I would try sending a note to support@... This is their main

          support help desk ID.

          > I hope that one of these helps.

          > Good luck!

          > Thank you,

          > Have a Great Day!

          > Karey Carbaugh

          > --- On Mon, 6/13/11, Sherry Wells <sdwells@...> wrote:

          > From: Sherry Wells <sdwells@...>

          > Subject: [magnifiers] Problems with ZoomText 9.1 & Windows 7

          > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

          > Date: Monday, June 13, 2011, 9:35 AM

          > Hello all,

          > I am using, or trying to use, ZoomText 9.1 with Windows 7, 32 bit. I

          find

          > that ZoomText frequently seems to freeze. The symptoms are sluggish

          > movement of the mouse such that it won't move at all or moves very

          slowly

          > then jumps. I highlight a file and focus jumps to the top left of the

          > screen rather than on the file I highlighted. If I open an email in

          > Outlook, focus remains on the Outlook inbox rather than on the opened

          > email. If I close and reopen ZoomText then all is well for a while but

          > eventually I start getting the same symptoms. I am also using Jaws 11

          but

          > even if I close that, ZT still seems to freeze up or get behind or

          > whatever it is doing. Any ideas on how I can fix this? It has rendered

          > Windows 7 practically unusable for me as I sometimes have to close &

          > reopen ZT as frequently as every 10 minutes or so. Thanks.

          > Also, I tried sending this to the ZoomText email list but the address I

          > have apparently does not exist anymore. Is there still a ZoomText email

          > list? Thanks.

          > Regards,

          > Sherry Wells

        • Tony Cretney
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2011
            If you are getting updates regularly you should be on Zoom Text 9.19.1.53
            that update came out several months ago now. Won't comment on how well it
            functions on Windows 7 though as I am currently using Vista Home Premium.
            Tony