Shared Docs, FB

  • barbmilleville
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 11:51 AM
      I use the current version of Zoom Text. I've tried to use a Google shared doc with no success. When I try, it slows down my computer to a crawl and after a bit, a message comes up telling me scripts are trying to run and asks me if I want to continue. i answer yes. Also, when I attempt to insert new text on the shared doc, my pointer doesn't insert the keyed in information in the correct place. I tried this on another computer which is also running Zoom Text and is somewhat faster but certainly not new. The same things happen. Tech support at Zoom Text says it's not their software that is causing this and that some other program is trying to run scripts.

      It's interesting to note that I'm having some of the same issues while on Facebook. It slows down when I try to complete one of those informal surveys such as check the boxes of the national parks you've been to. There is also ghosting when I key in info into a status box.

      Anyone else having these issues? if so, have you identified any solutions? What scripts could it be referring to? I'm beginning to think this all has to do with the fact that both FB and shared docs are in real time.

      BTW, awhile ago, I wrote about using Adobe Connect with Zoom Text. I found that you can use it with the chat box but forget about trying to view the docs that are posted up for all to see. I asked the meeting hosts to send them to me in advance and that works better. When I hosted, I chose not to share any docs <smile> so that wasn't an issue.

      Thanks for any info you can share and stay cool.
      Barbara M.