Apple Wins the Accessibility Game from Microsoft

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2011
      This week Dolphin announced the release of Supernova 12.04.
      In the press release they claimed to be the first to support True Font
      smooth magnification in Internet Exploer 9.

      In Internet Exploer 9 Microsoft uses a new technology Direct2D, which is
      unknown to current professional screen magnifiers like the latest release of
      ZoomText.

      In my article I analyze Microsoft's accessibility strategy and compare it
      with Apple.
      Apple includes accessibility in its IOS operating system. This operating
      system is used in the iPod, Ipod touch, iPad and iPhone. All these products
      are accessible for the visuaally impaired, without the need to buy an
      expensive screen reader or magnifier.
      Read the article at http://magnifiers.org/news.php?action=fullnews&id=405\

      Peter Verhoeven
      Magnifiers.org http://www.magnifiers.org