ZoomText with FireFox 4.0

  • John Cunniff
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2011
      Hello, Everybody!

      I want to inform you that last night, I downloaded FireFox 4.0 to upgrade
      over FireFox 3.6.16. Before the upgrade, everything worked nicely. If I
      composed a message through Gmail, ZoomText tracks on cursor. But now with
      the version 4.0, ZoomText will not follow the cursor. IK am typing like
      blind -- I cannot read as I type unless I move my mouse to where the cursor
      is. Pain in the neck.

      I think it is a bug in FireFox...

      Anyone using FireFox 4.0 yet?

      Let me know.

      Thanks.

      --
      *John Cunniff
      President,

    • Griffiths, Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2011
        I've got Firefox 4 and ZoomText 9.19, and it tracks OK when composing a
        Gmail message.

        Steve

[...]

        To report this e-mail as Spam, please forward it to:
        spam@...

        --
        DISCLAIMER:

        and any attachments from your system.

        cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.

        those of RNIB.

        RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

        Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

      • Bas Cancrinus @ The Future Group
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2011
          Have you already contacted Ai Squared support about this? Please post back
          their answer.

          On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM, John Cunniff <johncunniff@...>wrote:

          > Hello, Everybody!
          >
          > I want to inform you that last night, I downloaded FireFox 4.0 to upgrade
          > over FireFox 3.6.16. Before the upgrade, everything worked nicely. If I
          > composed a message through Gmail, ZoomText tracks on cursor. But now with
          > the version 4.0, ZoomText will not follow the cursor. IK am typing like
          > blind -- I cannot read as I type unless I move my mouse to where the cursor
          > is. Pain in the neck.
          >
          > I think it is a bug in FireFox...
          >
          > Anyone using FireFox 4.0 yet?
          >
          > Let me know.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --
          > *John Cunniff
          > President,
          > Deaf-Blind Contact Center
          > E-mail: johncunniff@... or johnc@...
          > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jcunniff
          > IMs: JCunn27611 or johncunniff@...
          > <johncunniff@...>Videophone: 866-350-7482
          > Fax: 781-979-0215*

          Bas Cancrinus
          Mobile: +31 (0)6 50 24 57 56

        • John Cunniff
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2011
            Good suggestion! Not yet, but I'll do that tomorrow since I have to go out
            with my friends tonight.

            Thank you!

            On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Bas Cancrinus @ The Future Group <
            bascancr@...> wrote:

            > Have you already contacted Ai Squared support about this? Please post back
            > their answer.
            >
            > On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM, John Cunniff <johncunniff@...
            > >wrote:
            >

            > > Hello, Everybody!
            > >
            > > I want to inform you that last night, I downloaded FireFox 4.0 to upgrade
            > > over FireFox 3.6.16. Before the upgrade, everything worked nicely. If I
            > > composed a message through Gmail, ZoomText tracks on cursor. But now with
            > > the version 4.0, ZoomText will not follow the cursor. IK am typing like
            > > blind -- I cannot read as I type unless I move my mouse to where the
            > cursor
            > > is. Pain in the neck.
            > >
            > > I think it is a bug in FireFox...
            > >
            > > Anyone using FireFox 4.0 yet?
            > >
            > > Let me know.
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > --
            > > *John Cunniff
            > > President,
            > > Deaf-Blind Contact Center
            > > E-mail: johncunniff@... or johnc@...
            > > Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jcunniff
            > > IMs: JCunn27611 or johncunniff@...
            > > <johncunniff@...>Videophone: 866-350-7482
            > > Fax: 781-979-0215*

            > --
            > Bas Cancrinus
            > Mobile: +31 (0)6 50 24 57 56

            *John Cunniff
            President,
            Deaf-Blind Contact Center
            E-mail: johncunniff@... or johnc@...
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jcunniff
            IMs: JCunn27611 or johncunniff@...
            <johncunniff@...>Videophone: 866-350-7482
            Fax: 781-979-0215*

          • Shawn Warren
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26, 2011
              I was able to reproduce this problem (tracking the cursor in Gmail). I
              corrected the problem using ZoomText's "cursor detect" function. The
              cursor detect function is invoked with a hotkey Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D.
              You must have the cursor on the screen when doing this. ZoomText will
              then display a message box indicating success or failure.

              I recommend contacting support if this does not work.

              Shawn

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 26, 2011
                Steve and Bas,

                Finally, I did CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-D and found that to work OK for now. But, a
                little weird behavior with tracking. But, not bad at all.

                But, it works.

                Johnny :)