Re: [magnifiers] Winzoom

  • Rui Cruz
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2010

      Free is allways good! :)
      Here is the link:
      http://users.telenet.be/littlegems/MySoft/DesktopZoom/Index.html
      Direct link for the program:
      http://users.telenet.be/littlegems/MySoft/Resources/Programs/DesktopZoom.zip

      Hope it helps.

      And let me know what you think. For my level of magnification need I can
      use this without any problem. And any coust!

      *Rui Cruz*
      Tel: +351 21 099 70 22
      Telem: +351 96 827 1502
      www.RuiCruz.pt <http://www.ruicruz.pt>

      On 03/12/2010 18:35, Karey Carbaugh wrote:

      > Thanks Rui,
      >
      > Interesting! I am not familiar with DesktopZoom and will have to
      > check it out. My prior experience is that FREE magnifiers are not as
      > robust, but for a "quick and portable" solution, it may work great! I
      > will definitely have a look at it as I'm always looking for apps like
      > this that can run on a flash drive, and I like FREE!
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Have a Great Day!
      >
      > Karey Carbaugh
      >
      > --- On Fri, 12/3/10, Rui Cruz <mail@...
      > <mailto:mail%40ruicruz.pt>> wrote:
      >
      > From: Rui Cruz <mail@... <mailto:mail%40ruicruz.pt>>
      > Subject: Re: [magnifiers] Winzoom
      > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Friday, December 3, 2010, 10:23 AM
      >

      > Hi Karey,
      >
      > Sorry, but DesktopZoom do exacly that and it's free.
      > That is not a "pro" feature in my opinion.
      >
      > *Rui Cruz*
      > Tel: +351 21 099 70 22
      > Telem: +351 96 827 1502
      > www.RuiCruz.pt <http://www.ruicruz.pt>
      >
      > On 03/12/2010 17:19, Karey Carbaugh wrote:
      > >
      > > I think this is the one that I saw at a demonstration this past
      > > spring. The biggest "pro" I can see is that it can be run from a
      > > flash drive, and at least at the demo, when I plugged the flash drive
      > > into my laptop, it worked GREAT, with no installation necessary. This
      > > means that you could carry your flash drive and walk up to virtually
      > > any public computer, or computer of a co-worker, and have "instant
      > > magnification". This excites me greatly, but as was pointed out in a
      > > later post, if the support is not there, I would be wary.
      > >
      > > Thank you,
      > > Have a Great Day!
      > >
      > > Karey Carbaugh
      > >
      > > --- On Fri, 12/3/10, phelan <phelanl001@...
      > <mailto:phelanl001%40hawaii.rr.com>
      > > <mailto:phelanl001%40hawaii.rr.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > From: phelan <phelanl001@...
      > <mailto:phelanl001%40hawaii.rr.com>
      > > <mailto:phelanl001%40hawaii.rr.com>>
      > > Subject: [magnifiers] Winzoom
      > > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com>
      > <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date: Friday, December 3, 2010, 5:06 AM
      > >

      > > Hello
      > >
      > > Has anyone tried Winzoom?
      > > If you have please let me know any pros or cons.
      > >
      > > Thank You
      > >
      > > Landa
      > >
      > > Much Aloha,
      > > Landa

    • Karey Carbaugh
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2010
        Thanks much Rui, I'll definitely check it out and will let you know!

        Thank you,
        Have a Great Day!

        Karey Carbaugh