Re: [magnifiers] App Reader and Internet Explorer

  • T H
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2010
      Hi Karey.  A few weeks ago someone had posted some information in regards to Adobe reader and how to go into Zoomtext and make it compatible.  Did you post this infor?  I had the info but I think I deleted it.  Can you help me with this?  Thank you.
      From: Tony & Karen Heath <kheath4@...>
      To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, November 26, 2010, 4:24 PM

      Thanks for your quick response. I'll have to think about upgrading.
      From: Tony & Karen Heath <kheath4@...>
      Subject: [magnifiers] App Reader and Internet Explorer
      To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, November 26, 2010, 11:05 AM

      Does anyone know why the App reader won't work on Internet explorer but it works fine on other programs like Word and Outlook Express. I have Zoomtext 9.0 and Internet Explorer 8.0 on a Windows XP machine. I get an error message that App Reader was not able to find an open document window ID #9. It tells me to click in my document window and start App reader again but I get the same message. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

    • Karey Carbaugh
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2010
        I will look from home tonight and see if I can find the post.  It wasn't me who posted that, but from my experience it has more to do with how the PDF is created, and not how you view it with ZoomText.  If the PDF is created as an image, it will NOT be accessible to ZoomText's Level 2 screen reader, but you will still be able to enlarge it.  It might be fuzzy when you enlarge it, but there isnot much you can do to clear it up if it was created as an image PDF.  I'll look for the specifics of what was posted and send them from home.

        Thank you,
        Have a Great Day!

        Karey Carbaugh

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 14, 2010
          I have a couple of follow-ups here:

          First, T H, did you get the information you needed for the Adobe Reader working with ZoomText?  It seems to me that I was going to send you something and I forgot to do it from home.  Now, I can't remember what I promised.  Sorry for this delay!

          Next, for Tony & Karen (the original posters of this thread) and anyone else who may be interested.  I missed it in the last newsletter from AI Squared and received a noe from them today that they are offering 50% off on Upgrades through this Friday ONLY.  I think this is for U.S. Customers only.  I am going to check into this as I've been intending to upgrade my home license to 9.1 and this would make it around $50 to do so.  This would be the time to upgrade if you've been thinking about doing so.

          If anyone would like the announcement, let me know and I'll be happy to send it to you.

          Thank you,
          Have a Great Day!

          Karey Carbaugh

          Hi Karey.  A few weeks ago someone had posted some information in regards to Adobe reader and how to go into Zoomtext and make it compatible.  Did you post this infor?  I had the info but I think I deleted it.  Can you help me with this?  Thank you.

          Thanks for your quick response. I'll have to think about upgrading.

          Does anyone know why the App reader won't work on Internet explorer but it works fine on other programs like Word and Outlook Express. I have Zoomtext 9.0 and Internet Explorer 8.0 on a Windows XP machine. I get an error message that App Reader was not able to find an open document window ID #9. It tells me to click in my document window and start App reader again but I get the same message. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

        • Jerry Hutch
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 14, 2010
            Could you please forward that announcement to me about the upgrade of
            ZoomText?

            Thanks

            Jerry Hutch
            Helena Montana

            *************

            Karey Carbaugh wrote:

> [...]
            > better suggestion, or if you could upgrade less expensively since you
            > have a feature that is not working. I think that they told me a few
            > weeks ago, or I saw on-line, that the upgrade is only about $100, but
            > I don't know if they could work with you since you have a feature that
            > isn't working.
            >
            > Thank you,
            > Have a Great Day!
            >
            > Karey Carbaugh
            >
            > --- On Fri, 11/26/10, Tony & Karen Heath <kheath4@...
            > <mailto:kheath4%40comcast.net>> wrote:
            >
            > From: Tony & Karen Heath <kheath4@...
            > <mailto:kheath4%40comcast.net>>
            > Subject: Re: [magnifiers] App Reader and Internet Explorer
            > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: Friday, November 26, 2010, 4:24 PM

            > Thanks for your quick response. I'll have to think about upgrading.

          • Tony & Karen Heath
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 15, 2010
              Thanks for the follow-up.

              Tony.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 15, 2010
                No I didn't get the information for the Adobe Reader and Zoomtext.  Can you help me out? someone had posted the information a while ago but I can't find the e-mail.

                From: T H <mrstish05@...>

                To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

                Date: Sunday, November 28, 2010, 6:49 PM

                From: Karey Carbaugh <kareycarbaugh@...>