Hotmail simplified?

  • bcpgroups
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hi
      I am finding Hotmail is becoming harder and harder to use with magnification programs, because of mouseovers, adverts etc. Does anyone know if there's a way of disabling the mouseovers and/or making Hotmail easier to use on the internet? It would be good if there was a very simple clear text version of Hotmail that one could use. Or is there another way of accessing Hotmail emails on the internet that's simpler? I know that accessing Hotmail via an email client is the easiest way, but I need an easier webmail access.
      Thanks
    • Rui Cruz
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2010
        Hi,

        You can just forward all e-mails to a decent GMail account...
        That's the most practical way to go in my opinion.

        Just my 5 cents.

        Regards,

        *Rui Cruz*
        Tel: +351 21 099 70 22
        Telem: +351 96 827 1502
        www.RuiCruz.pt <http://www.ruicruz.pt>

        On 01/11/2010 16:21, bcpgroups wrote:

        > Hi
        > I am finding Hotmail is becoming harder and harder to use with
        > magnification programs, because of mouseovers, adverts etc. Does
        > anyone know if there's a way of disabling the mouseovers and/or making
        > Hotmail easier to use on the internet? It would be good if there was a
        > very simple clear text version of Hotmail that one could use. Or is
        > there another way of accessing Hotmail emails on the internet that's
        > simpler? I know that accessing Hotmail via an email client is the
        > easiest way, but I need an easier webmail access.
        > Thanks

      • Michael Wigle
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2010
          There are a few options. None of them great. If you own MS Outlook then you can connect to your Hotmail account directly from Outlook for no charge. If you don't have Outlook you can upgrade your Hotmail account and be able to access it from any e-mail client. I use Firefox with Adblock plus to reduce the amount of junk on my screen. That may of help to you. I'm assuming you are using the standard Windows Live interface. If you are using that then there shouldn't be too much junk or mouse over items on your screen save for 5 items in the top left corner.

          Michael Wigle

          > To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
          > From: bcpfizz@...
          > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:21:30 +0000
          > Subject: [magnifiers] Hotmail simplified?
          >
          > Hi
          > I am finding Hotmail is becoming harder and harder to use with magnification programs, because of mouseovers, adverts etc. Does anyone know if there's a way of disabling the mouseovers and/or making Hotmail easier to use on the internet? It would be good if there was a very simple clear text version of Hotmail that one could use. Or is there another way of accessing Hotmail emails on the internet that's simpler? I know that accessing Hotmail via an email client is the easiest way, but I need an easier webmail access.
          > Thanks

        • Karey Carbaugh
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
            I agree, I very strongly dislike the pull-downs at the top of the new Hotmail screen.  I do, however, successfully use the Hotmail interface.  Most everything in the pull-downs is available elsewhere on the screen.  So you can pretty much ignore the pull-downs.

            As has been suggested, you could also get an e-mail client and  could use POP3 to "POP" your e-mail from Hotmail.  You mentioned that you need an interface on the web.  If this is the case, you could forward your Hotmail to GMAIL, has has been suggested, or Yahoo!  i personally find GMAIL VERY hard to use with a screen Magnifier.  The interface is quite different from Hotmail and Yahoo!

            I have e-mail on alll 3 of these, Hotmail, GMAIL and Yahoo! and successfully use all 3 with ZoomText.  Yahoo! and Hotmail are my preferences.

            Thank you,
            Have a Great Day!

            Karey Carbaugh