Any decent magnifier for linux?

  • noeyewar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2010
      Hi everyone.
      Windows 7, and its integrated magnifier, came as an angel send from above and allowed me to throw the crappy zoomtext to the mountains of software-scrap. I did realize how a simple product with great performance could beat a slow, comprehensive walrus. Thank god.

      But my education (I am studying software engineering) requires me to rub the belly of the pingvin. After running linux inside a virtual machine for some time, I think I am ready to engage in a closer relationship with the pingvin allowing it access to the most secret parts of my computer.
      It is where my problems begin Is there any kind of decent magnifier available on that platform? Compiz-fusion, which can be categorized as the counterpart to Aero in windows, offers a magnifier with similar functionality, but my problem is that it seams it has the worst "image quality" ever. Text is extremely blurry. Is it possible to enable some kind of font smoothing or does anyone here have experience with different solutions that works better?

      Thanks in advance.
      Have a nice day, kind regards, kenneth brodersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
        http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/stable/ats-2.html.en

        --
        Bas Cancrinus