Re: [magnifiers] Magnification Levels

  • Leslie P Peterson
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 12, 2000
      Luc,

      Thank for the information. Yes, it is sad about Super Vista.

      Why I did not buy it because I have some computers but I can not afford
      to buy one for each computer. I feel the softwares are more worth to me
      because I can install it to each computer. I have 6 PC, but 2 are bad
      condition.

      I am curious about the Super Vista. Does it has "screen reader or
      document reader"?

      Leslie Peterson; 5505 Bryant Ave. So.; Minneapolis Minnesota 55419 USA
      EMAIL: lesliepeterson@...
      TELETYPE:612-823-2631; TELEPHONE:800-627-3529 (relay: type <=> phone)

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Mike Hill
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 13, 2000
        Hi Luc,
        In LunarPlus you can reduce or prevent most of the screen flicker by changing a setting. Open the control panel, go into System Setup and then Magnification Engine and turn off 'scroll display when moving'. This will prevent the mouse from visibly 'juddering' as you scroll around. You might also want to try locking the mouse in the center of the screen which you can do by altering your mouse margin settings.

        Regards,
        Mike.

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 13, 2000
          Mike,

          Please make more clear. I did not enter System, there are few tabs, but
          I did not see any "magif. engineer". will you tell us more clarify?

          Leslie--

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 14, 2000
            Hi Leslie,
            With LunarPlus running;
            Press Left-Control spacebar (or click on the system tray icon) to open the LunarPlus control panel.
            Choose the first property sheet (Access System Setup), if it is not already selected.
            Press the 'System Setup' button inside the property sheet.
            Press the 'Magnification Engine' button.
            Change the state of the 'scroll display when moving' checkbox.
            Press OK to use the new settings.

            <mike.hill@...> writes:
            > Hi Luc,
            > In LunarPlus you can reduce or prevent most of the screen flicker by > changing a setting. Open the control panel, go into System Setup and > then Magnification Engine and turn off 'scroll display when moving'. > This will prevent the mouse from visibly 'juddering' as you scroll > around. You might also want to try locking the mouse in the center > of the screen which you can do by altering your mouse margin > settings.
            > > Regards,
            > Mike.

          • Luc Sterckx
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 14, 2000
              Hello Mike,

              Thank you for the tip but this setting was already turned off.
              Do you know why the screen does not flicker at all when I'm looking at the
              desktop with the icons while it gives serious flickering problems when
              looking at a text document in Word for example ?

            • Leslie P Peterson
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 14, 2000
                Oh, I got it now. I will do it soon.. My past thought was PROGRAM >
                SETTING > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM......., but I understand it was relatied
                to LunarPlus. I have Supernova demo.

                Thank you so much.

                Lesliek--

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 15, 2000
                  Hi,
                  What exactly do you mean by 'flicker'? Does it flicker only when you are scrolling the screen, or when the screen is stationary? Does it depend on the color of the background? Word normally has a white background, the desktop is blueish.

                  << File: ENVELOPE.TXT >>
                • Luc Sterckx
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 16, 2000
                    Hi Mike,

                    Exactly, it only flickers when I move the mouse. When I try to read a
                    document I move the mouse from left to right and this results in a situation
                    in which the words do not scroll smoothly from right to left on the screen.

                    I would be surprised if the background color couses this problem but in
                    practice I've noticed that the problem does not occur when reading text in
                    dialog boxes or text under the icons on the desktop.

                    I have the same problem with Zoomtext Extra, Magic, LunarPlus and Blindows.

                    How are other users of magnifiers working with magnification level 14 or 16x
                    experiencing this ?

                    Kind regards,
                    Luc

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 17, 2000
                      Hi Luc,

                      Does the display also flicker if you use hotkey to scroll? Lunar reight
                      control + arrow keys ZoomText left alt + arrow keys.
                      You must be careful to use the mouse too much. It can cause a lot of
                      physical problems in your shoulder. I know everything about it myself.

                      Regards Peter Verhoeven

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 18, 2000
                        Peter Verhoeven wrote:

                        > control + arrow keys ZoomText left alt + arrow keys.
                        > You must be careful to use the mouse too much. It can cause a lot of
                        > physical problems in your shoulder. I know everything about it myself.

                        That's a good tip!! Nobody mentioned this before, I always scroll with
                        my mouse and I also have troubles with my shoulder.

                        Regards,
                        Bas

                        --
                        Bas E. Cancrinus <bas@...>
                        Product Manager RepTrack (TM) <http://www.reptrack.nl>
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 18, 2000
                          Flick problem...

                          I see all magification program are same problem with flicking. I guess
                          2x and 800x600 might be more smooth than 16x and 1060x760. because of too
                          much of much programs in the RAM.

                          Warn: I am not technican, but just being as user.

                          Leslie Peterson; 5505 Bryant Ave. So.; Minneapolis Minnesota 55419 USA
                          EMAIL: lesliepeterson@...
                          TELETYPE:612-823-2631; TELEPHONE:800-627-3529 (relay: type <=> phone)
                        • Yolanda Phelan
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 18, 2000
                            Regarding pointer flickering, I also have that problem so I switched to a
                            track ball instead of a mouse and even
                            tho it still flicks It is a little better.
                            I use magnification level 7 or 8
                            Just thought I would mention.
                            Aloha,
                            Landa

                            Does the display also flicker if you use hotkey to scroll? Lunar reight
                            control + arrow keys ZoomText left alt + arrow keys.
                            You must be careful to use the mouse too much. It can cause a lot of
                            physical problems in your shoulder. I know everything about it myself.

                            Regards Peter Verhoeven

                            At 22:28 16-12-2000 +0100, you wrote:
                            >Hi Mike,
                            >
                            >Exactly, it only flickers when I move the mouse. When I try to read a
                            >document I move the mouse from left to right and this results in a
                            situation
                            >in which the words do not scroll smoothly from right to left on the screen.
                            >
                            >I would be surprised if the background color couses this problem but in
                            >practice I've noticed that the problem does not occur when reading text in
                            >dialog boxes or text under the icons on the desktop.
                            >
                            >I have the same problem with Zoomtext Extra, Magic, LunarPlus and Blindows.
                            >
                            >How are other users of magnifiers working with magnification level 14 or
                            16x
                            >experiencing this ?
                            >
                            >Kind regards,
                            >Luc

                          • Luc Sterckx
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 19, 2000
                              Hello Peter,

                              I knew about the scrolling functionality but you know how it works. During
                              10 years I could use the mouse to read the screen (and lucky I am, I have no
                              problems with shoulders or wrists up to now) and then Vista disappears and
                              alld the alternatives do not really support the way of working I'm used to.
                              I'm trying to change my way of working but it is hard.
                              Anyway, thank you for the tip (and all the good work !)