Re: [magnifiers] Re: Win7 64 bit and ZoomText 9.1

  • John Cunniff
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 16, 2010
      Hello, Everybody,

      I'm catching up my e-mails. Busy again tonight for the Deaf social...
      Wow. Busy again on Tues. for Board meeting. Surely, my e-mail will
      almost be caught up in time! Busy January, smiles.

      Anyway, yesterday, I was out of town to visit my friend who purchased
      ZoomText 9.1 & laptop. Good news! ZoomText worked finally! Lucky, my
      friend, Jaimi, she bought an upgrade last Monday, January 11. I called
      the toll-free number. I spoke with Kristi from Ai Squared to help Jaimi.
      Anyway, guess what? Her Operating system is totally different from mine.
      I asked the interpreter who bought Jaimi a new laptop what version of
      Windows just to know what I need for MS Office. Oh boy! It is Windows
      7!!! I never use it before -- my first time!!!! I remembered you guys
      talked about ZoomText 9.1 original disc didn't work in Windows 7 so,
      needed to download the trial version first then, put the serial number
      to work correctly. But surprised, the interpreter installed ZoomText
      from the new CD. It worked! I guess that jaimi is lucky enough to get
      the latest version from Ai Squared!! Smile. Also, surprised me, the
      interpreter told me that Winows 7 requires Jaimi to log in!!! Oh boy!

      Thank you.

      Johnny :)

      --
      John Cunniff
      List owns:
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 16, 2010
        Yup, yup Johnny,

        Welcome to Windows 7!  It is all new and all different with a whole new look and all kinds of learning curves!  I have seen it, but haven't used it much.  I'm glad your friend got the latest version on the ZoomText CD's.  I suspect that many people have had problems with the older disks and Windows 7, so they probably upgraded what they are sending out.

        Good luck!

        Thank you,
        Have a Great Day!

        Karey Carbaugh

[...]

        List owns:
        DBSocial, DBTechies
        List moderating:
        (two private lists)
        E-mail: johnc@shellworld. net

      • John Cunniff
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 16, 2010
          Hello, Karey,

          Thank you! I will need to learn more about Windows 7, like you will. Smile.

          Have a great day, too.

          Johnny :)

          --
          John Cunniff
          List owns:
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 16, 2010
            Have never tried either. But I hear that Firefox is not accessible via VoiceOver and thus, I'm thinking they (Firefox) need to implement Apples' accessibility framework in order for it to work. As for open Office, though I've not tried that, I'm hearing of people using both that and neooffice. For anyone interested here about accessibility for low vision on the mac there is a Google group called MacVisionaries on googlegroups which has been pretty helpful to me.

          • Tony Cretney
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 17, 2010
              I hope and suspect that the pain is just a temporary problem and that it
              will improve very soon indeed Chris!
              Tony
              Skype tonycu14
              H.P. laptop Skype tonycu12233