Re: [magnifiers] Zoomtext Reader with Windows LiveMail

  • Karey Carbaugh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
      You're welcome Alnor,

      You might also try highlighting the text you want to have read, then press Ctrl+c to copy it to the clipboard.  You can then press Ctrl+v to have ZoomText read what is on the clipboard.  This isn't quite as nice as DocReader or AppReader, but it will work in applications where you can't get those to work.  I've had to do that with my Yahoo! mail for years and now I'm just so used to it, that it is no big deal and in fact I forget to mention it in situations like this.  AI Squared gave me that suggestion years ago and it works great.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2011
        Hi All,

        In two weeks, I have to use Adobe Connect to participate in virtual
        meetings. An Adobe rep said it's not compatible with Zoom Text but I didn't
        get the impression he knows anything about Zoom Text. So now, I'm arranging
        a pre-meeting test to see if Connect works for me. But in the meantime, has
        anyone had a close encounter with this software? If so, how does it get
        along with Zoom Text and what, if any, are the problems I can look forward
        to?

        On another topic, as you may recall, I asked the list serv last summer if QM
        for Windows quant decision making software worked with ZT. I'm happy to
        report that it does. That was a relief. I used it with the just magnifier
        part of ZT though so I can't comment on the speech part.

        Thanks,

        Barbara