Zoomtext Reader with Windows LiveMail

  • alnorah.joyce@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2010
      Greetings All. Windows is making me use LiveMail instread of Outlook. But Zoomtext Appreader and Docreader do not seem to like LiveMail. ( I get error messages #1 and #11, Whatever they mean... Zoomtext Help just says there appears to be a problem which be hanlded by the Developer. (IF that is Zoomtext..Does anyone have any news or comments on my probleméé Cheers, alnor.
    • Karey Carbaugh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
        Alnor,

        I'm not sure what you mean by Windows making you use Live Mail instead of Outlook.  I hav ea hotmail address, now in Live Mail, and I use Outlook to retrieve my messages from Live Mail with no problems.  It is just a POP3 account that you can set up in Outlook.

        As far as the problems with ZoomText, again, I am running ZoomText with no problems when I retrieve messages from the Live Mail website.  I think your problem may be with your browser, rather than with Live Mail.  I used to have problems with ZoomText Doc Reader and App Reader on all Websites using Internet Explorer, and I still do on my system at home which is running ZoomText 9.0.  At work, I have ZoomText 9.18.6.46 and Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.13.  Depending on your version of ZoomText, you might try upgrading to the latest fix level as I know there were problems with App Reader and Doc Reader earlier on.  Also, depending on your Browser, if you're using a version of Internet Explorer, other than the one I mentioned, you might also try upgrading that.  You may be able to send a not to support@aisquared .com and give them the versions of your ZoomText and Internet Explorer and see if they have a known problem.

        I hope this helps.

        Thank you,
        Have a Great Day!

        Karey Carbaugh

        Greetings All. Windows is making me use LiveMail instread of Outlook. But Zoomtext Appreader and Docreader do not seem to like LiveMail. ( I get error messages #1 and #11, Whatever they mean... Zoomtext Help just says there appears to be a problem which be hanlded by the Developer. (IF that is Zoomtext..Does anyone have any news or comments on my probleméé Cheers, alnor.

      • Alan and Norah Joyce
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
          Karey Carbaugh/ Thankyou fpr your suggestions. I will try the alternative approaches and report back. Cheers, Alnor

        • Karey Carbaugh
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
            You're welcome Alnor,

            You might also try highlighting the text you want to have read, then press Ctrl+c to copy it to the clipboard.  You can then press Ctrl+v to have ZoomText read what is on the clipboard.  This isn't quite as nice as DocReader or AppReader, but it will work in applications where you can't get those to work.  I've had to do that with my Yahoo! mail for years and now I'm just so used to it, that it is no big deal and in fact I forget to mention it in situations like this.  AI Squared gave me that suggestion years ago and it works great.

            Thank you,
            Have a Great Day!

            Karey Carbaugh

            Karey Carbaugh/ Thankyou fpr your suggestions. I will try the alternative approaches and report back. Cheers, Alnor

          • Barbara Milleville
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2011
              Hi All,

              In two weeks, I have to use Adobe Connect to participate in virtual
              meetings. An Adobe rep said it's not compatible with Zoom Text but I didn't
              get the impression he knows anything about Zoom Text. So now, I'm arranging
              a pre-meeting test to see if Connect works for me. But in the meantime, has
              anyone had a close encounter with this software? If so, how does it get
              along with Zoom Text and what, if any, are the problems I can look forward
              to?

              On another topic, as you may recall, I asked the list serv last summer if QM
              for Windows quant decision making software worked with ZT. I'm happy to
              report that it does. That was a relief. I used it with the just magnifier
              part of ZT though so I can't comment on the speech part.

              Thanks,

              Barbara