Re: [magnifiers] All Zoomtext 9 versions do not support IE 8

  • Haverp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 8:24 PM
      Perhaps not of interest to many who may scoff, but I want to point out how
      low vision and Zoomtext friendly the AOL browser and mail associated
      software is. Much easier then IE or firefox. Only problem I have is on two
      sites the NLS basic search site doesn't work properly with the AOL browser,
      and neither does pandora radio, so I have to switch to IE or firefox for
      those two sites. And the AOL software is free. Really worth considering as a
      low vision solution.

      /greg

      In a message dated 7/5/2009 3:50:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      kareycarbaugh@... writes:

      Thanks Ken,

      This is great information! I wish I had known that befre I upgraded
      today, but I can back it out. Actually, I believe when you back it out, you'll
      limited experience with IE 8 does not impress me. Probably the ZT version that
      will support IE 8 will NOT be a free upgrade, unless you have 9.1 already.

      I was having problems with IE crashing about every 3rd e-mail message I
      opened, which is why I upgraded and when I upgraded, I didn't see a way to go
      to 7 as 8 was in the Auto Update list, but I've found a few ways to get IE
      7 and updates for it. This may be tomorrow's project.

      Thanks again! You saved me from contacting AI Squared as that was my next
      plan.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh

      --- On Sat, 7/4/09, Kenneth Murray <_kjm03usafresret@kjm03usafrkjm_

      From: Kenneth Murray <_kjm03usafresret@kjm03usafrkjm_
      (mailto:kjm03usafresret@...) >
      Subject: [magnifiers] All Zoomtext 9 versions do not support IE 8
      To: "a magnifier post" <_magnifiers@yahoogromagnifi_
      (mailto:magnifiers@yahoogroups.com) >
      Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 6:55 PM

      I contacted AISquared about two weeks ago and was told not to upgrade to
      IE
      8. This is tough to do since it has been on the AutoUpdate system. I was
      told AISquared would have a version which would support IE 8 in 6 to 12
      weeks, that's now 4 to 10 weeks. I'm waiting to install IE 8. For those
      who have, I'm informed that if you "delete" IE 8, it will automatically
      back
      off to 7, which you then can "update" to the latest updates for 7.

      Ken Murray
      Las Cruces, New Mexico
      kjm03usafresret@ earthlink. net
      Escapees RV Club 33809

    • Barbara kean
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23 9:13 PM
        Hi,

        Thanks,I was going to upgrade too.I use ZT 8.19

        on my vista.I was having a time with it online.

        My windows explore would stop working and,I had to recover

        my system.

        I do not install IE 8 now and,this are smooth thus far.

        You all on this list are very helpful and work will with each other.

        Regards,

        Lockout Locksmith + 24/7 days a week: All Holidays> No extra charges
        Serving: Maryland + Comprehensive Serve
        Washington,DC + Residential, Commercial, Automotive
        and Virginia. + Low Rates: Check out our Prices.
        301-990-9456 + ADS in Yellow Book,Red Books,Verizon Listing and website

        To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
        From: kareycarbaugh@...
        Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:48:57 -0700

        Thanks Ken,

        This is great information! I wish I had known that befre I upgraded today, but I can back it out. Actually, I believe when you back it out, you'll go back to whatever version of IE you had before installing IE 8. My limited experience with IE 8 does not impress me. Probably the ZT version that will support IE 8 will NOT be a free upgrade, unless you have 9.1 already.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23 9:26 PM
          Hi,

          I have auto-upgrade for my computer on.

          However,you can still choose what you install from it too.

          You can just go to the windows or microsoft websites and

          upgrade directly from them,avoiding IE 8 totally from being

          downloaded at all..ever..I keep my computer upgraded and,avoid

          downloading it too..

          Take care everyone,

          To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com