Re: [magnifiers] From Richard in Louisiana: Yahoo Classic Mail has Plain-Text option; re: IE8 and Mozilla Firefox.....

  • Karey Carbaugh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      Thanks Richard,

      First of all, let me point out that the Plain Text option in Yahoo! ONLY affects e-mails that you compose.  You have no control over how people sendyou e-mails and cannot force everyone that sends you e-mail to send it in Plain Text.  Second, I jsut tried the Plain Text option in Yahoo! and it is GREAT for creating e-mails, but Yahoo! does an exquisite job of converting those e-mails to HTML when you send the e-mail.  It appears that the Plain Text option is ONLY for creating the e-mail and NOT for how the e-mail is sent.  Threfore, from what I can see it will not help at all in receiving e-mails.  Your e-mail that you waid you composed in Plain Text was a beautifully crafted HTML message when I received it!

      Thanks for the suggestion of the Windows Secrets Newsletter.  I'll have to check this out.  As for FireFox, I personally just do not like the interface, but I dislike IE 8 even more than IE 7 which was a horrible  dis-improvement from IE 6.  I'm being force to consider switching, sad though I am.  I am a web developer, and just don't like how FireFox interpres HTML code.

      Thanks again.

      Thank you,
      Have a Great Day!

      Karey Carbaugh