Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText vs. MAGic

  • Pete Nalda
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2009
      On May 14, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Goldberg, Aleaza Sarah wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I am a Speech/Language Pathologist who is working in an assisitive
      > technology clinic at the University of Colorado, Denver. I am very
      > interested in hearing opinions and experiences of actual consumers
      > with the screen reader programs ZoomText and MAGic. Any input would
      > be appreciated.
      >
      > Aleaza S. Goldberg
      > aleaza.goldberg@...<mailto:aleaza.goldberg@...>

      Hello,

      Well first off, while both Zoomtext and MAGic come with screen reading
      abilities, they are sold primarily as "Screen Magnifiers". That being
      said, while I've used Zoomtext in the past, I've only tried Magic as a
      demo one time, and currently don't use neither as I'm using the built
      in screen magnification (Zoom) of mac os X. So maybe others will
      comment here on this.

      Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
      Pete Nalda
      http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda