ZoomText vs. MAGic

  • Goldberg, Aleaza Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I am a Speech/Language Pathologist who is working in an assisitive technology clinic at the University of Colorado, Denver. I am very interested in hearing opinions and experiences of actual consumers with the screen reader programs ZoomText and MAGic. Any input would be appreciated.

      Aleaza S. Goldberg
      aleaza.goldberg@...<mailto:aleaza.goldberg@...>

    • Pete Nalda
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2009
        On May 14, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Goldberg, Aleaza Sarah wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I am a Speech/Language Pathologist who is working in an assisitive
        > technology clinic at the University of Colorado, Denver. I am very
        > interested in hearing opinions and experiences of actual consumers
        > with the screen reader programs ZoomText and MAGic. Any input would
        > be appreciated.
        >
        > Aleaza S. Goldberg
        > aleaza.goldberg@...<mailto:aleaza.goldberg@...>

        Hello,

        Well first off, while both Zoomtext and MAGic come with screen reading
        abilities, they are sold primarily as "Screen Magnifiers". That being
        said, while I've used Zoomtext in the past, I've only tried Magic as a
        demo one time, and currently don't use neither as I'm using the built
        in screen magnification (Zoom) of mac os X. So maybe others will
        comment here on this.

        Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
        Pete Nalda
        http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda