Zoomtext 9.18

  • Haverp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2009
      Has anyone installed the Zoomtext 9.18 update?

      /greg
      **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
      eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)

    • Loy

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2009
          I'm testing the beta's and RC for some time.

          On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
          > I have installed it on three machines and two are working just fine but one
          > has some conflict with Window Eyes. I get error messages when starting
          > Window Eyes. This new release has to be started before Window Eyes. May be
          > that way with JAWS, but not sure.

          Bas Cancrinus
          Mobile: +31 (0)6 50 24 57 56
        • Barbara J. Milleville
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2009
            I have installed 9.18. After one day, all is well. The panning is
            interesting.may take some time to get used to it but can see the benefits of
            it.

            Barbara

            _____

            Has anyone installed the Zoomtext 9.18 update?

            /greg
            **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops - Starting at $399
            (http://pr.atwola
            <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=htt
            p:%2F%2Fad.doubl>
            com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
            eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)

            06:06:00

          • Jennifer Jesso
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 2, 2009
              I just installed the demo as I only have ZT 8.1. I LOVE the new panning! I
              use 8-10x magnification usually, depending whether I'm on my desktop or
              laptop, and it's amazing how much easier it is to stay oriented with the
              panning as opposed to jumping.

              Although I don't know programming I'm excited about the scripting. I'm
              hoping someone can now make one which reads incoming IMs automatically, if
              that is possible.

              I think I just might have to upgrade. :)

              Jen

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 3, 2009
                All

                I've upgraded and I'm pretty happy with it - it is certainly a lot
                quicker which is great! A couple of things I have noticed though
                are....
                1. When using a wide screen resolution the font smoothing on some
                fonts doesn't work which is very annoying
                2. The panning doesn't pick up the correct place when right clicking
                in the system tray

                Any suggestions? Thanks, Matthew.

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 4, 2009
                  It seems to me as though 9.18 fails to track pop up dialog boxes in the
                  magnified window. I hear zt announce them, but the screen view doesn't shift t
                  the dialog box. For example, highlight a folder and hit the deleate key, I
                  hear zoomtext speak "are ou sure you want to delet this folder?' but the
                  screendoesn't shift to the pop up box like it used to. SAme thing if you unzip a
                  file. Lots of other examples. Is this in unintended consequence of the new
                  panning?

                  /greg
                  **************Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
                  with TaxACT.
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220239440x1201335902/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950001%26p%3D82)

                • James H.
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 7, 2009
                    Ya I did, and I like it OK. Pann'g is great when just a little movement is needed. But...
                    It does not track some things any better than the previous version, like alerts, notifications, and error boxes.
                    It is very slow and eratic tracking typing in IE from AOL. Like in this dialog box most of my typing is OFF screen, so I may have errors, sorry!
                    .Jim H.
                    PS I love the NeoSpeech! It is worth the upgrade cost just from v8 for that.

                    --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, Haverp@... wrote:

                    > Has anyone installed the Zoomtext 9.18 update?
                    >
                    > /greg
                    > **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops â€" Starting at $399
                    > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
                    > eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)

                  • TONY CRETNEY
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 7, 2009
                      i have just downloaded it today and fid that it is slow in reading the
                      material that it typed in Outlook Express, apart form that it would appear
                      to be O.K. in most respects. I like the panning effects and find the
                      movement of the focus when typing text much more satisfactory than it was in
                      earlier versions.
                      Tony
                      Skype tonycu14
                      Best wishes to all on the list
                      Ya I did, and I like it OK. Pann'g is great when just a little movement is
                      needed. But...
                      It does not track some things any better than the previous version, like
                      alerts, notifications, and error boxes.
                      It is very slow and eratic tracking typing in IE from AOL. Like in this
                      dialog box most of my typing is OFF screen, so I may have errors, sorry!
                      .Jim H.
                      PS I love the NeoSpeech! It is worth the upgrade cost just from v8 for
                      that.

                      --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, Haverp@... wrote:

                      > Has anyone installed the Zoomtext 9.18 update?
                      >
                      > /greg
                      > **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops â?" Starting at $399
                      > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
                      > eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)

                    • Karey Carbaugh
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 7, 2009
                        James,

                        You might try control+alt+shift+m  for your problems in AOL.  I was having similar problems in OUtlook 2003, and AI Squared made this suggestion and now it works great!  YOu can turn this on and off (its called Active Accessibility).  I don't totally understand what it does, but with it turned off, some other things won't track well, so then you can just turn it on again with the same key sequence.  Hopefully this will help at least with that issue.

                        Thank you,
                        Have a Great Day!

                        Karey Carbaugh

                        Ya I did, and I like it OK. Pann'g is great when just a little movement is needed. But...
                        It does not track some things any better than the previous version, like alerts, notifications, and error boxes.
                        It is very slow and eratic tracking typing in IE from AOL. Like in this dialog box most of my typing is OFF screen, so I may have errors, sorry!
                        .Jim H.
                        PS I love the NeoSpeech! It is worth the upgrade cost just from v8 for that.

                        --- In magnifiers@yahoogro ups.com, Haverp@... wrote:

                        > Has anyone installed the Zoomtext 9.18 update?
                        >
                        > /greg
                        > ************ **New Low Prices on Dell Laptops â€" Starting at $399
                        > (http://pr.atwola com/promoclk/ 100126575x122063 1247x1201390185/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubl
                        > eclick.net%2Fclk% 3B213540506% 3B35046329% 3Bx)

                      • barbara kean
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 11, 2009
                          I was surfing the net,ZT18 was extremely eratic.

                          It was moving all around the screen,without my touching the pointer.

                          Then the pointer would not move as I try to get back in control of ZT18 again.

                          I reinstalled it but,the problems still occurred.What is up with that?

                          I am not loving it so far..

                          Barbie,

                          Lockout Locksmith + 24/7 days a week: All Holidays> No extra charges
                          Serving: Maryland + Comprehensive Serve
                          Washington,DC + Residential, Commercial, Automotive
                          and Virginia. + Low Rates: Check out our Prices.
                          301-990-9456 + ADS in Yellow Book,Red Books,Verizon Listing and website

                          To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 11, 2009
                            Hello everyone,

                            I am thinking that prehaps installing ZT18 a third time would be the charm.

                            Does anyone have trouble using ZT18, on Windows Vista Ultima
                            at all? Tony,I download my update from the website last night.

                            Do you think I should have ranned it from the site,instead

                            of saving it on my computer?

                            To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 11, 2009
                              Barbie,

                              You may want to try turning off the "smooth panning" which is a new feature in the 9.18.  I have 9.0 here at home and have 9.18 at work.  I did not like the "smooth panning" either at first.  I've gotten a little more used to it, but it does move more strangely and I'm not sure that I prefer that to the old way of moving around.  You also may want to turn off Active Accessibility by pressing ctrl+alt+shift+m.  This helped with some tracking issues I was having with 9.18.

                              Let me know if you can't figure out how to turn off the Smooth Panning and I can look that up on Monday when I get back into the office.  Since I don't have 9.18 here at home, I don't remember exactly where it is at, but I found it once.

                              I hope this helps and just let me know if you need instructions to go back to the old traking.

                              Thank you,
                              Have a Great Day!

                              Karey Carbaugh

                              From: Haverp@...
                              Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:00:26 -0400

                              It seems to me as though 9.18 fails to track pop up dialog boxes in the
                              magnified window. I hear zt announce them, but the screen view doesn't shift t
                              the dialog box. For example, highlight a folder and hit the deleate key, I
                              hear zoomtext speak "are ou sure you want to delet this folder?' but the
                              screendoesn' t shift to the pop up box like it used to. SAme thing if you unzip a
                              file. Lots of other examples. Is this in unintended consequence of the new
                              panning?

                              /greg
                              ************ **Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE
                              with TaxACT.
                              (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122023 9440x1201335902/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fwww.taxact. com%2F08tax. asp%3Fsc% 3D084102950001% 26p%3D82)

                              http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Updates1_ 042009

                            • TONY CRETNEY
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 13, 2009
                                i saved it on the desktop and it is running reasonably well, with the
                                exception of the fact that I am having trouble with the reader not keeping
                                up with my typing speed. whichisnot altogether surprising as I type quite
                                fast these days.
                                Tony

                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 13, 2009
                                  WOW, CNTRL-ALT-SHFT-M seems to work very nicely!
                                  Do you know if it will stay ON now? or do I have to SAVE my ZT configuration? or press it each time?
                                  Thank you,
                                  .Jim H.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 14, 2009
                                    Jim,

                                    The default is ON.  I had to turn it OFF to get some of the tracking to work.  In some application s it works better ON, and in some it works better with Active Accessibility turned OFF.  I don't understand the pattern.  It will re-set to ON the next time you re-boot.  I have not tried turning it OFF and then saving the settings.  The big problem I see with saving the settings is that this seems to be a Universal setting which wiould affect all of your applications.  You don't want it tured off when navigating through menus in Windows and Internet Explorer and such, or you'll lose tracking there.

                                    I've had to just play with this and toggle it on and off when I hit problems.

                                    Thank you,
                                    Have a Great Day!

                                    Karey Carbaugh

                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 4 4:57 PM
                                      Hello Karey.

                                      Thanks,for your help,it enabled me to get control of things.

                                      Yet,for work I have gone back to my 9.14 zt and,it is working

                                      very well.I have put the latest version on my husband"s computer

                                      until I too get use to the new changes.

                                      You are great at explaining things...

                                      To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 4 10:21 PM
                                        Thanks Barbie,

                                        I'm glad this helped!  Let me know if you want to use the new ZT 9.18 and I can send you instructions on how to turn off the new tracking option.  I turn it on and off all the time, but can't remember what the sequence is as I am still using 9.0 at home, but have 9.18 at work.  Just let me know if you want to know how to turn the new tracking off.  Its easy to do.

                                        I'm glad my instructions made sense.  Even though I'm a programmer myself, I try to explain things so that non-techies can understand them.

                                        Take care and good luck.  Do let me know if you want the instructions.

                                        Thank you,
                                        Have a Great Day!

                                        Karey Carbaugh

                                        From: Haverp@...