Using a tablet pc as an electronic paper block?

  • noeyewar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2009
      hey out there.
      i know this isn't directly related to screen magnifiers, but hope
      anyone here can answer anyway.

      i am studying software engineering at a university in Denmark, and i
      have a very poor vision.

      the last 7-8 years i have been using my laptop, with Zoomtext, to everything school related, from math to note taking. But i find it
      harder and harder to rely only on the computer taken notes. Especially
      in math and in construction of algorithms and so on i found it nessasary to be able to make drawings. Off cause there are the old
      fashion paper and pen, but i would like to keep my notes electronic.

      so i have fallen in love with the idea of using an tablet pc. But does
      anyone visually impaired have experience with using an tablet pc?

      i would like to use it under my video magnifiers, optelec clearview+
      at home, and videomatic lux 22" at the university. but is it even
      possible? in both places i also have access to 24" inch monitors, and
      i also thinking about just hooking these up by the vga output, and
      look at the large screen while drawing on the tablet.

      but really, i would like to hear from someone with experience with
      using tablet pc's, is it usable when being visually impaired?

      thanks
      kind regards
      kenneth brodersen
    • James H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
        Cool! Looks like you have the solution already figured out. If your CCTV will properly view a cell phone or PDA then it should view the tablet OK. I assume your setup has a good camera for distance viewing to see the board. If so you should be able to save photos of the professor's drawings and equations onto your PC. If you can't find a good affordable tablet PC you can do the same with your own hand paper/pen drawings. Please tell us how it works out!
        .Jim H.