Re: [magnifiers] iPod Solutions?

  • Frank Siedlaczek
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2009
      Haverp@... wrote:
      > While rockbox does give some speech access, it is not designed for the
      > visually impaired and is not designed for audio books. The Victor Reader is
      > designed for the visuallyimpaired and solves all the problems the original poster
      > was looking to solve.

      Maybe... But the poster was looking for a solution for his iPod, wasn't he?

      BTW: Can someone in the U.S. please shed some light on the question how
      people in the U.S. finance DAISY players and stuff like that? How does
      it work? Do you have to pay yourself or are there charities trying to
      raise the money or ... And how much is a modern DAISY player like the
      newer plextor models? Is it affordable?

      Thank you for clarification of that matter!

      Frank
    • Pete Nalda
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
        Did you folks Know about the Accessible Ipod Nano (4th Generation)? It Uses your computer accessibility settings to read menues, and also has adjustable fonts. The menu reading is actually composed of sound files that are transferred to the ipod upon syncing. Works with Both windows and Mac.

        HTH

        "Egun On, Lagunak" (Basque for G'day Mates)
        Pete Nalda

      • cbblob@cs.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2009
          After all my researching etc., I found the same solution. I received my Nano
          4th generation and imported all my songs (after enabling "spoken menus") and
          it works fantastic. I can even see the screen using my cctv. But best of
          all, the menu commands are spoken and I find it easy to use. I am having a blast
          and now wish I had purchased the 16GB instead of the 8GB. But remember, it
          is only the "Nano 4th generation" that has the spoken menu accessibility.
          Catherine (Rockin' in Florida now with a Nano)