Re: [magnifiers] Windows 7 Will Include Full-Screen Magnifier

  • Frank Siedlaczek
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
      Peter Verhoeven wrote:
      > Michael Bernstein, is a Microsoft development lead on the User Interface Platform team where he focuses on accessibility.
      > In a Blog on MSDN he announced, that Windows 7 includes a screen magnifier supporting full-screen and lens mode.

      Hi, Peter!

      That doesn't sound too bad at all! Finally! But we should wait until we
      see it. The thing that has always been bugging me is that you had so
      small an area which could actually be used for zooming in. Seems that
      this is finally going to change.

      I'll keep my copy of Desktopzoom right at had, just in case :-) But
      really, this could be a big improvement.

      Fingers crossed.

      Frank
    • Frank Siedlaczek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2009
        Frank Siedlaczek wrote:
        > Fingers crossed.
        Windows 7 beta is out and I downloaded and installed it to take a look
        at the new magnifier. I have Build 7000 installed, german version. Both
        the interface and help files are still somewhat rudimentary. The
        magnifer states it's version 6.1 Build 7000. The help file talk about
        some of the features Peter mentioned in his blog quotes but
        unfortunately the application itself doesn't live up to what the help
        file promises. The options and functionality still isn't there. Maybe
        it's implemented but the current version has not been included with the
        beta of win7.

        Well, apart from that it seems to look much like Windows Vista although
        I cannot really tell because I havn't used for too long. Will give it a
        few more tries and spend some time with it...

        'til next time
        Frank
      • Loy

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2009
            Loy wrote:
            > I could stretch the edge of the magnifier to full screen but it was unusable for me.

            Yep. Seems one cannot click in the magnified area. Well, you can, but to
            no avail. The mouse pointer changes to a cross anchor in order to move
            the magnifier's window. Necessary somehow, but not what we are looking
            for here :-)

            The online help illustrates a few how-tos. E.g. how to use the magnifier
            in lense mode. But the options for that are simply missing. The how-tos
            cannot be carried out because the application doesn't offer the stuff
            the online help is talking about. F1 and EXE don't match... :-(

            We'll have to wait and continue to hope and believe ;-)

            Frank