Problem with FireFox 3.0.3

  • John Cunniff
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
      Dear Everybody:

      I installed fireFox 3.0.3 last Saturday night while I stay home to catch
      up my rests after a flu. Anyway, I noticed that I'm having a cursor
      tracking problem only on FireFox3. When I type for example, I click on
      an address box to highlight it. I erased out then, type:
      ZoomText to find a cursor where I last typed. Also, in message box, the
      same problem. I have to move the ZoomText to find the cursor where I
      last typed.

      I have absolute no problem with two other browsers. Internet Explorer 6
      and SeaMonkey 1.1.x. I still use SeaMonkey. Yes, ZoomText follows the
      cursor all the times in Address Box and Message box, too. Also, my
      friend uses an old version of FireFox 2.0.0.7, I think is no problem,
      too. The only problem with is FireFox3.0.3 that's all.

      Does anyone have any problem with FireFox 3.0.3 that won't let ZoomText
      to follow your cursor's movements?

      Thanks.

      --
      John Cunniff
      President (2008-2011)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
        Did you check the Accessibility functions in the FireFox Options?
        Also, Try pressing F7 while in FireFox.

        On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:09 PM, John Cunniff <johnc@...> wrote:
        > Dear Everybody:
        >
        > I installed fireFox 3.0.3 last Saturday night while I stay home to catch
        > up my rests after a flu. Anyway, I noticed that I'm having a cursor
        > tracking problem only on FireFox3. When I type for example, I click on
        > an address box to highlight it. I erased out then, type:
        > ZoomText to find a cursor where I last typed. Also, in message box, the
        > same problem. I have to move the ZoomText to find the cursor where I
        > last typed.
        >
        > I have absolute no problem with two other browsers. Internet Explorer 6
        > and SeaMonkey 1.1.x. I still use SeaMonkey. Yes, ZoomText follows the
        > cursor all the times in Address Box and Message box, too. Also, my
        > friend uses an old version of FireFox 2.0.0.7, I think is no problem,
        > too. The only problem with is FireFox3.0.3 that's all.
        >
        > Does anyone have any problem with FireFox 3.0.3 that won't let ZoomText
        > to follow your cursor's movements?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > --
        > John Cunniff
        > President (2008-2011)
        > Deaf-Blind Contact Center
        > johnc@...

        ---================
        Keep Shooting!
        BruceHP@(*).com
        ==================
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
          Hello John,

          I contacted Ai2 the other day about this issue and they are working on
          it. The last update of zt fixed most ff tracking issues for me.
          Sometimes zt just looses track of the cursor and then a Control + Alt
          + Shift + D helps sometimes.

          Regards,
          Bas

          --
          Bas Cancrinus

          Mobile: +31 (0)6 50 24 57 56
          Cancrinus ICT - www.canict.com
        • John Cunniff
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
            Hello, Bas,

            Thank you for your sharing with me about your experience. I understand
            about losing cursor tracking no matter what version.

            I'm still using ZT 7.11. Reason is -- I am in a bad economy -- can't
            afford to pay a lot of money. I must pay for my homeowning costs. Ouch.

            Thanks,
            Johnny :)

            --
            John Cunniff
            President (2008-2011)
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 13, 2008
              Hello John,

              I'm very sorry to hear about your economic situation and I hope that
              you will survive this crisis in your own house. I referred to zt 9.1
              indeed (my mortgage has a fixed interest rate ;-)).

              Take care!
              Bas