A really, really strange problem with ZT & AIM window

  • John Cunniff
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2008
      Hello, Everybody,

      On Tuesday, of this week, I recently set up & installed into a new
      computer. I am owning a new one and being used to it... It is a DELL
      computer.

      Fortune enough, I have all the oldies, including e-mail, (latest
      version, of course), ZoomText 7.11 (old version, I know!! But have a CD
      of it.) And the ol' stuff that I use, that included Board files & My
      Documents being restored... Anyway, everything worked perfectly as I
      used the programs. ZoomText behaved very nicely with my new CPU and
      also, I have a NEW Flat Panel screen, too! Flat Panel screen is also a
      DELL, too!!

      But, I got a really, really strange problem with ZoomText crashing when
      I got an IM from two people. Three times from my best friend, a
      female--Poor female friend got cut off from me twice but last one
      crashed then dashed to BED! LOL.) And one from AOL System Msg due of two
      connection that happened this morning... Anyway, when I hit shift-tab to
      move the cursor up and I hit up arrow to mvoe the cursor to the top. It
      suddenly crashed into ZoomText's pan to "Don't Send" button. I TRIED to
      move the mouse pointer out but at first, it froze for a minute, then,
      finally, it moves fine. I read an error, it said:

      "ZoomText Xtra Level 1 has encountered a problem.
      We are sorry about that."

      There was 2 buttons:

      "Send Bug," "Don't Send" so, I attempted to click "Don't Send" and it
      disappeared. But I had to restart my CPU.

      I've NEVER had the problem with the same ZoomText and AIM before on an
      old CPU (DELL [paralyzed system] and an eMachine [loaned computer] with
      a CRT monitor.)

      I am running:

      AIM 5.9 (Classic AOL Instant Messenger)
      ZoomText 7.11

      As a matter of fact, I run:

      Trend Micro PC online
      Two or three of DELL products
      mIRC 6.31
      NexTalk

      All of the last 4 programs I mentioned are a tray.

      What do you think it can be the cause of this problem???

      Oh, I forgot to tell you!!! My apologies. My new system is Windows XP
      with 1 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive.

      Memory shouldn't be any problem, even with the hard drive, too. I have
      plentiful of space! (455 GB, according to My Computer Detail!

      Let me know what you think is causing the crash of ZoomText with AIM
      5.9? Hey, I also tell you that I tried moving the cursor into my e-mail
      client, NO CRASH!!! Wow! I haven't tried that on other program yet...

      Let me know! Thanks,
      Johnny :)

      --
      John Cunniff
      President (2008-2011)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2008
        Hi all, Zoomtext 9 has been out for a very long time now, 9.1 had little improvement. How have the other screen magnifiers improved over the years? I see magic is up to version 11, and Lunar is up to 9.01.

        Has anyone used either magic or lunar's new versions and compared it to zoomtext 9x ?

        Also has anyone used the linux Copiza magnification tool that uses anti aliasing? I have heard that this at the moment is the most sophisticated screen magnification tool at the moment.

        Thanks all!