Re: [magnifiers] any real alternative to zoomtext?

  • Rui Cruz
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
      Or MAGic from Freedom Scientific:
      http://www.freedomscientific.com/products/lv/magic-bl-product-page.asp

      --
      Rui Cruz
      Tel: +351 96 827 1502
      http://ruicruz.forunsbb.com

    • Verhoeven, Peter
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
        Hi Rui,

        MAGic is much slower than Zoomtext.

        Peter Verhoeven

        > Or MAGic from Freedom Scientific:
        > http://www.freedomscientific.com/products/lv/magic-bl-product-
        > page.asp
        > <http://www.freedomscientific.com/products/lv/magic-bl-product
        > -page.asp>
        >
        > --
        > Rui Cruz
        > Tel: +351 96 827 1502
        > http://ruicruz.forunsbb.com <http://ruicruz.forunsbb.com>

        This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

        If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

        If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

        Thank you for your co-operation.
      • Rui Cruz
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
          On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Verhoeven, Peter <peter.verhoeven@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Rui,
          >
          > MAGic is much slower than Zoomtext.
          >
          > Peter Verhoeven

          I disagree.
          You have 10 seconds to open Lunar, and MAGic open in 5. With a network
          instalation, its even worse.

          But the best is to give all alternatives and he can decide. :)

          --
          Rui Cruz
          Tel: +351 96 827 1502

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
            Hi,

            Welcome to the club |,/ I use ZoomText as well but I always have DesktopZoom
            ready to backup in case of insane performance (e.g. drawing UML in Together
            or working over an UltraVNC connection). DesktopZoom doesn't suffer from any
            performance issues, because it has no features; it only magnifies full
            screen and it tracks the mouse. Hope this helps you in your struggle. Please
            post back any other solutions that you may find.

            Kind regards,
            Bas

            --
            Bas Cancrinus

            Mobile: +31 (0)6 50 24 57 56
            Cancrinus ICT - www.canict.com

          • Matthew Sullivan
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
              I'm in the same boat but unfortunately don't have any suggestions other than
              to go insane. Zoomtext has got progressively more CPU intrusive and with
              certain Java heavy applications (ie business objects, Lotus Sametime) it
              just doesn't work at all. I'll give the posted suggestions a whirl
              though....

              On 06/03/2008, noeyewar <kennethbrodersen@...> wrote:

              > hi
              > i have used zoomtext for many years, but the performance has been
              > worse and worse, with every single new version, and now i have hat
              > enouth. i often use a lot of progams at once (word, firefox, visual
              > studio and so on) and zoomtext makes everything run painfully slow (i
              > use a dell latitude d820 with 1.5 gb ram)
              >
              > so is there an alternative? i am not using any fancy features like
              > speech and so on, i just need a high performance full screen magnifier.
              >
              > i hope somone can help (else i am afraid zoomtext may drive me to
              > insanity)
              >
              > thanks

            • tonymx08
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 25, 2008
                Hi noeyewar,

                Just have a try with the newly released Magic Lens Max 4.0, it provides
                full-screen magnification with very clear/sharp zooming effects, if you
                choose the fastest "Nearest" resampling filter or choose a lower
                refresh rate, the program takes few CPU usage.

                Magic Lens Max works in a real-time mode and automatically detects the
                display changes on screen, if there are no display changes on screen,
                the program takes zero CPU usage, so the other applications will not be
                slowed down.

                You can find the detailed information and the download link of free
                trial version at:
                http://www.visionsuit.com/index.html

                --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, "noeyewar" <kennethbrodersen@...>