RE: [magnifiers] ZoomText and Citrix applications

  • Verhoeven, Peter
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25 10:42 PM
      Hi Steve,

      For people like me working in the ICT access to multiple Citrix Servers
      and remotely connect to servers is not an extreme example, but daily
      reality!

      Also the bad support screen readers and magnifiers have for applications
      like Visual Studio 2005 can be motivated by most AT users doesn't use
      it.

      The most AT users are using Internet Explorer, an e-mail client and
      Microsoft Office. That is exactly what the free screen readers and
      magnifiers are supporting. Is that also the roadmap for professional
      screen magnifiers? I get the iea it is!

      Worldwide thousands of AT users are working in the ICT industry. So I
      find it a bit strange that a representitive of the AT market mentions
      this an extreme example.

      This sounds that the AT industry does not know their users very well and
      are not working on improving accessibility on this issue.

      It is also exactly the problem I have with Citrix company that they are
      section 508 compliant. In my opinion they are absolutely not!

      Peter Verhoeven
      http://www.magnifiers.org

      > Pretty extreme example as most AT users in this environment
      > only have one server to work with in my experience.
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > _____
      >
      > From: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

      This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

      If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

      Thank you for your co-operation.