FW: [magnifiers] ZoomText and Citrix applications

  • Steve Bennett
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
      Hi Peter

      We have not tried 10 Citrix servers, to be honest this would be most
      confusing for the user, however, theoretically it is feasible to use 10
      different versions from different servers. I do know of a Dolphin software
      user who has three Citrix servers with Supernovas on each, she then has
      Dolphin SAM a Braille display and four different TTS voices on the thick
      client.

      When she switched between the different sessions a different TTS had been
      set for each and the common Braille display via Dolphin SAM automatically
      changes the cursor pulse rate depending which server she is using. Thus she
      was able to tell in speech and Braille which session she was using without
      making another hotkey or mouse movement.

      Pretty extreme example as most AT users in this environment only have one
      server to work with in my experience.

      Steve

      _____

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
        Hi Steve,

        For people like me working in the ICT access to multiple Citrix Servers
        and remotely connect to servers is not an extreme example, but daily
        reality!

        Also the bad support screen readers and magnifiers have for applications
        like Visual Studio 2005 can be motivated by most AT users doesn't use
        it.

        The most AT users are using Internet Explorer, an e-mail client and
        Microsoft Office. That is exactly what the free screen readers and
        magnifiers are supporting. Is that also the roadmap for professional
        screen magnifiers? I get the iea it is!

        Worldwide thousands of AT users are working in the ICT industry. So I
        find it a bit strange that a representitive of the AT market mentions
        this an extreme example.

        This sounds that the AT industry does not know their users very well and
        are not working on improving accessibility on this issue.

        It is also exactly the problem I have with Citrix company that they are
        section 508 compliant. In my opinion they are absolutely not!

        Peter Verhoeven
        http://www.magnifiers.org

        > Pretty extreme example as most AT users in this environment
        > only have one server to work with in my experience.
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com

        This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

        If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

        If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

        Thank you for your co-operation.