RE: [magnifiers] Feedback and translations for DesktopZoom

  • Verhoeven, Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2007

      I have never seen pointer animation in free screen magnifier software
      accept iZoom Web.
      I'm sure the author of DesktopZoom is willing to implement this, if
      someone can tell him how to do this.

      The first version of DesktopZoom didn't have a large mouse at all.
      DesktopZoom now has, what no other free screen magnifiers have accept
      iZoom Web, tracking.

      Peter Verhoeven
      magnifiers.org

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm Portuguese, and i've worked with the Freedom Scientific
      > resseler and translator for the past 2/3 years. Since July I
      > quit and I got a different job. But low vision was always
      > something I want to know more.
      >
      > So I digged into it for a few months, and try out a few software's.
      > DesktopZoom was one of the first ones that impressed me
      > because its portable, free, and runs with minimum privileges
      > on a Windows machine.
      > Why pay 400+EUR for a commercial version of something we can
      > get for free or for less than 400EUR (since I read there will
      > be probably a commercial version some day).
      >
      > I was wondering where can I get the authors contact (there is
      > none in the website), to work with him on a translation to
      > Portuguese. Also I think a better website (maybe on a domain)
      > would bring more downloads and support to the project. But
      > this is just my personal opinion.
      >

      > The unique feedback I want to give is about the mouse. The
      > big mouse option on DesktopZoom is... well... its ugly.
      > Also there is no option to enlarge the mouse the same as the
      > magnification.
      > If the author could fix that and it will be perfect. ;)
      >

      > So... I welcome myself to the list, and I will be waiting to
      > get the contact of the author if anyone know it.
      >

      > --
      > Rui Cruz
      > Tel: +351 96 8271502
      > Fax: +351 66 96 827 1502
      > http://ruicruz.forunsbb.com

      This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

      If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

      Thank you for your co-operation.