Re: Ipods/mp3 pllayers(off topic)

  • Robert Dahm COMS
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
      Rockbox.org works on Open Source replacement firmware for MP3 players
      from Archos, iRiver, Apple (iPod) and iAudio. It has options to expand
      the size print on the lcd's as well as use voice output (on commands and
      standard menu items as well as spelling song titles or artist). Some
      people have had good luck, but check the forums, they are very active.

      Robert Dahm, COMS
    • Pete Nalda
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
        --- Robert Dahm COMS <rdahm@...> wrote:

        > Rockbox.org works on Open Source replacement
        > firmware for MP3 players
        > from Archos, iRiver, Apple (iPod) and iAudio. It
        > has options to expand
        > the size print on the lcd's as well as use voice
        > output (on commands and
        > standard menu items as well as spelling song titles
        > or artist). Some
        > people have had good luck, but check the forums,
        > they are very active.
        >
        > Robert Dahm, COMS

        I've also heard of an attachment from magnifics that
        fits on the outside of some mp3 players. Rockbox
        sounds neat but it looks like it flashes whatever type
        os your mp3 player uses and installs it's own os.
        That's ok, but then it makes it hard and sometimes
        risky to go back, therefore imho I don't recomend it.

        "Egun On, Lagunak" (Basque for G'day Mates)
        Pete Nalda

        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
      • BruceHP
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
          >Rockbox sounds neat but it looks like it flashes whatever type

          os your mp3 player uses and installs it's own os.

          That's ok, but then it makes it hard and sometimes

          >risky to go back, therefore imho I don't recomend it.

          RockBox works fine on my Sansa e250 player; although I did need some
          sighted help to install it. It is however a dual boot system and I can
          use the player in Sandisk mode by holding down the Left (<) button
          brfore starting the player.

          Keep Shooting!

          BruceHP@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
            It does flash the os, but it backs it up also. Everything is reversible. Its definately worth a go.

            BruceHP <BruceHP@...> wrote: >Rockbox sounds neat but it looks like it flashes whatever type