RE: [magnifiers] iZoom Web very promising

  • Leslie Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
      Peter: Yes, it looks good! But I am using 8x. It moves very slow. I guess it is not good for Dial-Up. It might be good for DSL or high speed on the web-based. Zoomtext is still the top. Leslie-- -----Original Message----- From: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:magnifiers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Verhoeven Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:37 AM To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com Subject: [magnifiers] iZoom Web very promising Hi, I tried iZoom Web on http://www.issist <http://www.issist.ca> ca and it realy is a very promising web-based screen magnifier with speech suppot! It realy gives us access on any computer anywhere. Have others tried this great product! It is also good news, that this web-based screen magnifier will remain free! If some performance issues can be solved and some more speech support is given, this is realy a great professional screen magnifier giving millions of people all over the world access to computers and the internet. Please give it a try and tell us what you think about it. Keep in mind that it is beta software, but because it does not install software on your computer, accept a small Internet explorer plugin, there are no risks to give it a try. By giving issist.com your feedback you can help to improve this product. Peter Verhoeven http://www.magnifie <http://www.magnifiers.org> rs.org [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ---------------------------------------------------
      Letter content was scanned by WinAntiVirus Pro 2007.
      No threat detected.
      Please visit www.winantivirus.com for more details.

    • veracron
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
        Leslie,

        There is a button which says "Click to improve performance". See if
        that helps. The dial-up, DSL issue doesn't really affect performance.
        Once iZoom Web starts up it does not need the internet to function.
        This is only a Beta version and we're still working out the
        bugs/performance issues. Thanks for your comments. The more feedback
        we have, the more we can improve the product.

        Regards,
        Umang Dua
        Issist Support

        --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, "Leslie Peterson"

        message have been removed] --------------------------------------

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
          Hi Leslie,

          I agree that there is a serious performance issue at this moment, but they
          are working on it.
          You must keep in mind, that this is free software. If you are in a hotel or
          another public place, you can not use ZoomText, Lunar or Magic at all. But
          you can use iZoom Web on any computer, that is connected to the Internet.
          nearly all computers are connected to the Internet.

          I think products like satogo.com and iZoom Web are important innovations.
          you also see that innovations come from relative new and small companies.
          Companies like AI Sqaured, Dolphin and Freedom Scientific have only protect
          their products against piracy, so that we also can use them on a limit
          number of computers.

          We as visually impaired need access to any computer on any place. The old
          companies don't listen to us for more flexibility. If they don't change
          their policy I'm sure they are not the leading companies in 2015.

          Peter Verhoeven

          > Peter: Yes, it looks good! But I am using 8x. It moves very
          > slow. I guess it is not good for Dial-Up. It might be good
          > for DSL or high speed on the web-based. Zoomtext is still the
          > top. Leslie-- -----Original Message----- From:
          > magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com>
          > [mailto:magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Peter
          > Verhoeven Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:37 AM To:
          > magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:magnifiers%40yahoogroups.com> Subject: [magnifiers]
          > iZoom Web very promising Hi, I tried iZoom Web on
          > http://www.issist <http://www.issist.ca
          > <http://www.issist.ca> > ca and it realy is a very promising
          > web-based screen magnifier with speech suppot! It realy gives
          > us access on any computer anywhere. Have others tried this
          > great product! It is also good news, that this web-based
          > screen magnifier will remain free! If some performance issues
          > can be solved and some more speech support is given, this is
          > realy a great professional screen magnifier giving millions
          > of people all over the world access to computers and the
          > internet. Please give it a try and tell us what you think
          > about it. Keep in mind that it is beta software, but because
          > it does not install software on your computer, accept a small
          > Internet explorer plugin, there are no risks to give it a
          > try. By giving issist.com your feedback you can help to
          > improve this product. Peter Verhoeven http://www.magnifie
          > <http://www.magnifiers.org <http://www.magnifiers.org> >
          > rs.org [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Leslie Paul Peterson

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
              Leslie,

              Try now. There should be options for blue and green crosses as well.
              We're working on a system so that the user can customize their own
              colors instead of just using colors predefined by us. Additionally,
              you'll soon be able to store your preferences such as color, zoom
              level etc. on our servers. That way you don't have to re-enter them
              every time you start iZoom and best of all, it'll remember the
              preferences no matter which computer you use.

              Regards,
              Umang Dua
              Issist Support

              --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, "Leslie Paul Peterson"