Re: [magnifiers] Firefox 2 & Zoomtext 8.1

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
      Hi Tony

      I have been using Zoomtext 8.1 with Firefox 1.5 for several years without
      any problem. It is a failure of Zoomtext if it does not work with any well
      behaved Windows app. I should not need to pay for an expensive upgrade to
      Zoomtext in order to use standard Windows apps on Windows XP.

      Given that Zoomtext 8.1 works with Firefox 1.5 I would simply like to know
      if it works with Firefox 2.

      Russ

      On 6/25/07, TONY CRETNEY <rac@...> wrote:

      > The fact is that Zoom Text 8.1 is simply not designed to run with
      > Firefox at
      > all. The real answer, if you want to use Firefox is to have Zoom Text 9.1
      > on your system. This works absolutely fine with firefox.
      > Tony

    • Frank Siedlaczek
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
        Russ wrote:

        > Given that Zoomtext 8.1 works with Firefox 1.5 I would simply like to know
        > if it works with Firefox 2.

        Hi, Russ!

        I know it is a bit of a hassle, but why not try it out? If you are not
        satisfied, you can always uninstall FF2 and reinstall FF1.5.

        And please keep us posted about the results.

        Greetings
        Frank
      • Thomas Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
          Are you using zoomtext with speech or just the magnifier?

          Russ <green.russell@...> wrote: Hi Tony

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
            Hi Thomas

            I use both mag and speech. I do not use doc reader, I highlight and press
            ctrl-alt-shift for speech.

            Russ